Leopard gecko tail and morph question

kaciealissa

Arachnopeon
I have a Male leopard gecko He’s about a year old and his tail has slowly been growing a large brown/black spot. It doesn’t feel different than the rest of his tail and I know his tail will change as he gets older, as I’ve had him since he was six months old but I just want to be sure it’s not serious because it kind of came out of nowhere and is growing. Also, anyone have any idea what morph he might be? I was told tangerine but he isn’t Really growing into the typical tangerine morph also if he’s a little overweight lmk because he went on a food strike when I rearranged his enclosure and now he’s gaining it all in his tail but not his body? His behavior has Been typical.

Attachments

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I could be way off, but... I would say potentially some type of Hyper Xanthic Lavender.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Very pretty- unfortunately the Lep gex popularity has led to a lot of inbreeding. The animals are smaller, sickly etc. I wouldn’t buy this species unless the progeny were from WC. Fortunately there are a few people obtaining WC due to inbreeding. The animals look different, and behave different, ie healthier.

The morph explosion hasn’t helped.

I owned this species when there were NO morphs. They were gorgeous, I saw adults that resembled yours.

Yours could literally be anything.