Leopard gecko morphs?

saturnthegrey

Arachnosquire
I recently came into possession of 9 leopard geckos, almost all of them are different morphs. Ive kept them before so care is not an issue. However when I was younger and kept them I wasn't aware of all the different traits and morphs and line-bred traits. So I've been attempting to figure out what each of them are. However, every picture I find is different and the fact that each gecko has its own unique patter so it feels impossible to tell..
If I were to take pictures of each of them would anyone be able to help me figure this out? Also can you guys post pictures of yours and tell me what morph they are? Thanks! I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure this stuff out

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I recently came into possession of 9 leopard geckos, almost all of them are different morphs. Ive kept them before so care is not an issue. However when I was younger and kept them I wasn't aware of all the different traits and morphs and line-bred traits. So I've been attempting to figure out what each of them are. However, every picture I find is different and the fact that each gecko has its own unique patter so it feels impossible to tell..
If I were to take pictures of each of them would anyone be able to help me figure this out? Also can you guys post pictures of yours and tell me what morph they are? Thanks! I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure this stuff out
I breed Leopard Geckos, so I can try to help if you post some.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You'd have way more luck at one of the heavy trafficked gecko forums I bet.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
alright, took long enough and idk if these pictures are clear enough but I figured out all but these four.
With the blurry pictures I can't say those look any different than normal phases I have seen over the past decades. What did the gecko forum peeps say on these?

You have one that MIGHT qualify as a high yellow. The more spotted one, I wouldn't characterize that as hypermelanistic. I've seen plenty of normal gex w/that amount of melanin.

saturnthegrey

Arachnosquire
I thought they all looked normal but I don't know much about them. no I haven't asked on any other forums @viper69 ... scorps and najakeeper said they would give it a go so I figured I'd see what these guys say before making an account for another forum.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I thought they all looked normal but I don't know much about them. no I haven't asked on any other forums @viper69 ... scorps and najakeeper said they would give it a go so I figured I'd see what these guys say before making an account for another forum.
I hear ya. Without knowing the actual genetics, you couldn't sell them for more than the average gex price for a normal phase. The high yellow one is typical of what I would see back in the 1990s, but it wasn't something that cost more IME.

I will tell you that there are some w/in the lep gex community, myself included, who wish PURE lep gex were easy to come by, ie that is no other genes. It's very hard to find that at shows now.

saturnthegrey

Arachnosquire
@viper69 thanks for the help man, I have 3 I got separately and the breeder I got them from told me 1 was tremper, 1 was bell, and one was a super snow. then I got six from a lady who said they were family pets. she couldn't tell me anything about them. two of them look to be mack snow patternless. the other four are the pictures I posted. are solid black eyes always a characteristic of snows?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@viper69 thanks for the help man, I have 3 I got separately and the breeder I got them from told me 1 was tremper, 1 was bell, and one was a super snow. then I got six from a lady who said they were family pets. she couldn't tell me anything about them. two of them look to be mack snow patternless. the other four are the pictures I posted. are solid black eyes always a characteristic of snows?
Unsure about the eyes, I always thought snows gex were ugly so never paid attention to them. As for the tremper, you do realize that is someone's name, and there are many different types of Tremper lep gex right?? Tremper by itself tells you nothing.

saturnthegrey

Arachnosquire
@viper69 yes I know it's a guy but I didn't know there were several kinds of tempers albino. I know it's obvious but I know little about them as I'm still trying to figure out all the genetics and morphs and what not.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@viper69 yes I know it's a guy but I didn't know there were several kinds of tempers albino. I know it's obvious but I know little about them as I'm still trying to figure out all the genetics and morphs and what not.
Just making sure! Based on what I read above it wasn't clear if you knew or not. Good luck!