Leopard Gecko behaving oddly

eruheru

Arachnopeon
Hey, so my male leopard gecko has been really lethargic and has stopped eating. He just sits in his hide and I only see him when I take the hide off to check. There are a few changes that I think might be involved since they are the only things that have changed since he started acting off. 1) dropping temps 2) constant exposure to the red heater bulb or 3) age. Any ideas?
Thanks

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How old is he? Dropping temps would be my first guess though.

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would have to agree on the temp being the biggest factor. Reptiles do tend to become less active at lower than ideal temps.

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I definately agree it's most likely temps.I keep 45+ leopard geckos(and breed them,so I have pretty good experience),I used to have a big male in a 20 long instead of the rack,and used a 10-20 gallon zoo med heat pad under tank heater.That was not enough,and I noticed that and put him in a tub in the rack where the hotspot is 90 degrees farenheit.He instantly purked up and starting doing much better.I would try to increase temps.Are you using a UTH as well as the red bulb?If not I would definately get one.If you are,perhaps getting either a bigger one(which may not be enough),or getting a thermostat and turning it up would help.If you have any other questions,feel free to ask!

eruheru

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the responses. I'll see if I can bump up the temps and see what happens.