Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Leningrad Zoo Park

Discussion in 'Zoo Trips (Man Made Habitats)' started by M.F.Bagaturov, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Advertisement
    Hi all!

For the first time here i decied to post some pics of our local Leningrad Zoo (in city of the Sankt-Petersburg and the Leningrad was his former name before famous "Perestroyka").
    This post is dedicated not for all the Zoo expositions but just to the just 2 days ago opened excibition of the living butterfly, dry insects educational collection and some arthropods.
    As a contributor for the Zoo (my wife is currently a Zoo worker) on mt limited spare time I take part in some places of the exposition.
    So, beautiful living butterflies for the first time in the beautiful city of the Sankt-Petersburg ;)
    Enjoy.

P>S> I knew I'm a little bit quicker than it needs as I'm currently working on the english version of the Zoo's site but just look the fotos :)

General view of the center of living butterflies exposition
    [​IMG]
    Left corner with the feeding table 1
    [​IMG]
    Right corner
    [​IMG]
    First of the hatched butterflies (monarchus) were feeding on the table.
    [​IMG]
    Some more of others in the incubator (Caligo memnon and Morpho peleides)
    [​IMG]
    ====
    Another part of the excibition - some little arthropodan display (general view)
    [​IMG]
    Some individual enclosures:
    of Blaberus craniifer
    [​IMG]
    of Pandinus cavimanus
    [​IMG]
    of diplopodae
    [​IMG]
    ============
    Anf finally some dry arthropods parts (this collection were from the famous "Tula Zooexotharium" which known by its incredible collection and achievements in snakes).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mikhail

Mikhail Arachnopeon

Will try to visit this exposition on February! :clap:

3. ahas

ahas Arachnodemon Old Timer

Nice. I wanna go there.

4. Very nice pictures Mikhail. I was recently on a butterfly farm in Belize that may well have supplied some of the pupae for this exhibition. They export as many as 5000 to Europe every week!

Ollie

5. Anastasia

Anastasia Arachnoprince Old Timer

US
    Mikhail! what a beautiful exposition
    Thank you for sharing pictures :D
    Happy New Year {D

6. Thank You all!

I will post some pics later if You need it.

7. Fince

Fince Arachnoknight Old Timer

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for the virtual tour! I waiting the other pictures if you have any!

8. bengerno

bengerno Arachnobaron Old Timer

Can't see the pics... :(

9. patrick86

patrick86 Arachnoknight Old Timer

Thanks Mikhail. Looking forward to the next group of photos.

10. Hello All!

Thank You for You warm words, friends!

I will post some pics tomorrow or a day after.
    But now You can look at short advert movie clip which was taken at the exhibition: http://www.spbzoo.ru/images/LenZoo_Butterfly.wmv
    the species shown closeup is Morpho peleised.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.