Leningrad Zoo Park

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi all!

For the first time here i decied to post some pics of our local Leningrad Zoo (in city of the Sankt-Petersburg and the Leningrad was his former name before famous "Perestroyka").
This post is dedicated not for all the Zoo expositions but just to the just 2 days ago opened excibition of the living butterfly, dry insects educational collection and some arthropods.
As a contributor for the Zoo (my wife is currently a Zoo worker) on mt limited spare time I take part in some places of the exposition.
So, beautiful living butterflies for the first time in the beautiful city of the Sankt-Petersburg ;)
Enjoy.

P>S> I knew I'm a little bit quicker than it needs as I'm currently working on the english version of the Zoo's site but just look the fotos :)

General view of the center of living butterflies exposition

Left corner with the feeding table 1

Right corner

First of the hatched butterflies (monarchus) were feeding on the table.

Some more of others in the incubator (Caligo memnon and Morpho peleides)

====
Another part of the excibition - some little arthropodan display (general view)

Some individual enclosures:
of Blaberus craniifer

of Pandinus cavimanus

of diplopodae

============
Anf finally some dry arthropods parts (this collection were from the famous "Tula Zooexotharium" which known by its incredible collection and achievements in snakes).

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice pictures Mikhail. I was recently on a butterfly farm in Belize that may well have supplied some of the pupae for this exhibition. They export as many as 5000 to Europe every week!

Ollie

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mikhail! what a beautiful exposition
Thank you for sharing pictures :D
Happy New Year {D

Fince

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for the virtual tour! I waiting the other pictures if you have any!