Legend getting out of Millipedes

SDCPs

Arachnolord
Millipedes are very fascinating creatures which I hold dear. I am somewhat of a legend (I do say so myself!) in the community, having essentially singlehandedly supplied the hobby with flame leg millipedes for several years, in the thousands, and having one of the most informative websites out there :)

Keeping pets just doesn't make sense at the moment. For one, my tiny home is solar-powered and heating the millipedes in the winter is simply too much of a drain on the solar system, which wasn't designed with this in mind. And more importantly I am focusing on my career as an entrepreneur and future hedge fund manager. Simplifying and streamlining life!

If any of you want a piece of the action, I have the entire collection up for sale on my website (linked in my sig). A few very nice exotics that cannot be obtained anywhere else at the moment

After the transition is complete, I don't expect to be hanging around these forums anymore so I guess this is goodbye my friends :) Parting is sweet sorrow. The website will continue to stay up as a resource, and I will continue to be available for questions ;)

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sad to hear that you are leaving the millipede hobby. Life happens. Thank you for everything. You helped me get into millipedes and start my collection. :)
Best of luck in your future adventures!

SDCPs

Arachnolord
Sad to hear that you are leaving the millipede hobby. Life happens. Thank you for everything. You helped me get into millipedes and start my collection. :)
Best of luck in your future adventures!
Thanks for the kind words dear friend! Been a pleasure interacting with you on the forums. You've always been a support and I am sincerely grateful. Keep those flamelegs going ;), if I had to appoint a successor I'd look no farther :D

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the kind words dear friend! Been a pleasure interacting with you on the forums. You've always been a support and I am sincerely grateful. Keep those flamelegs going ;), if I had to appoint a successor I'd look no farther :D
I will do my best :) I had about 40 flamelegs at last count, :)

SDCPs

Arachnolord
I will do my best :) I had about 40 flamelegs at last count, :)
Bravo! BRAVO!! Split 10 into 2 large tubs and let 'em rip! You might already know you can sell any extras to Peter at Bugs in Cyberspace for bulk liquidation; the money is good! If you'd like an introduction, that pleasure is mine ;)

So sad to see you go. :(
Thanks for the kind words my friend :shy:

Ian I sent a message to your site thanks
Gary
Received and replied, Gary! :angelic:

mickiem

Arachnoprince
This is kind of a bummer! I appreciate all of the help you have offered to me. I didn't see Mardonius parilis acuticonus on your site. So, none available? Also, I made an order and wasn't prompted to buy a shipping plan. Do I need to add that? I should buy that male blue. :rolleyes: Let me know about shipping. And I will miss you!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sorry to see you go! Thanks for all you have done for the millipede hobby here in the US!

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Don't leave us man! I was waiting to buy from you! But thanks for sharing your experience, and millipedes.
Thank you so much.

SDCPs

Arachnolord
This is kind of a bummer! I appreciate all of the help you have offered to me. I didn't see Mardonius parilis acuticonus on your site. So, none available? Also, I made an order and wasn't prompted to buy a shipping plan. Do I need to add that? I should buy that male blue. :rolleyes: Let me know about shipping. And I will miss you!
No Mardonius available, I sold them to gigas seekers after it was obvious the pedes didn't like my conditions. Of course the customers knew what they were buying :)

Will miss you as well my friend, feel free to keep in touch! Your order is all ready to go on Monday as requested

Sorry to see you go! Thanks for all you have done for the millipede hobby here in the US!
I deeply appreciate the kind words.
Don't leave us man! I was waiting to buy from you! But thanks for sharing your experience, and millipedes.
Thank you so much.
There are some Philippine blues left, hehe. Appreciate your message :)

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
"Keeping pets just doesn't make sense at the moment. For one, my tiny home is solar-powered and heating the millipedes in the winter is simply too much of a drain on the solar system..."

Why do you say it was a drain on the solar system? Not sure if I understood correctly

SDCPs

Arachnolord
Why do you say it was a drain on the solar system? Not sure if I understood correctly
I built an insulated cabinet for the critters, but still, heating it so they didn't die consumed at least 50 amp hours from a 200 amp hour (at 50% drained) capacity battery bank...over 25% of the available electricity. If there were cloudy days, rain, etc and the batteries were not fully charged for several days...

Lucanus95

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
but....but....you still haven't made the pill millipedes I sent you available in the hobby! Dont leave yet!

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Another perfect delivery: on time, exactly what I ordered and better than I expected! I will certainly miss your service and expertise. I will enjoy your babies though!