Leg Span

MKG

Arachnopeon
I will be purchasing a B. Smithi. From Backwater Reptiles (anyone purchased from them?)

I have a choice of 1/2" leg span - Is this a sling?

Or, 3" or 4" inch leg span. Are these juveniles?

Sorry for the stupid question but this is going to be my first T.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
Yes to both questions on size. I've never ordered from Backwater, and I never will after seeing some reviews on them. Reptile dealers generally aren't the best places to order Ts from.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
"Slackwater" reptiles is one of the worst places to buy tarantulas from, avoid them like the plague.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
SLACKWATER reptiles is a great place to burn your money. Buying from them was a terrible idea. You'd have more luck in a game of craps in a back alley than ordering from them.

Overwhelming majority of my Ts have come from Kelly Swift of Swifts Inverts. Kelly has bred over 100 species of Ts, and is the gold standard in shipping hands down. He once shipped to Alaska a few days before Christmas with no DOAs.

A few from Jamie's Tarantulas

A few from Arachnoiden

More than a few from about 3 breeders in the classifieds.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
DO NOT ORDER FROM BACKWATER REPTILES
The place is a total scam site. The first red alarm that people notice is that they don't even have a phone number. Just an email. They package their shipments very poorly with no heat pack and it's usually the wrong species. If the pet is dead on arrival, they always say it's the customer's fault. I don't speak from personal experience, but many people have suffers at the hands of these goons. Do not order from Backwater.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
There is a review page in the old reviews section with multiple bad reviews. I would NOT buy from them. Everybody pretty much mentioned all the good sellers out there. I have dealt with two of them (jamiestarantulas, netbug) they both are great places to buy from. Unless the price list changed between today and two days ago, there are no B. Smithi for sale on jamiestarantulas right now. I am certain last time I checked, netbug had some slings in stock.