Leg Issue

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of my Pokie slings molted last night. She did so very oddly. She sat on the ground and came up through the molt and eventually landed on her back near completion. One of her feet appeared stuck in the molt, but she got it. This morning, I check on her again and that same leg now looks like a candy cane. The "foot" section is bent backwards. I've never seen this or heard of it happening. Will it self correct? Correct at next molt? Or, is this a major long-term problem?

Thanks for any input.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
One of my Pokie slings molted last night. She did so very oddly. She sat on the ground and came up through the molt and eventually landed on her back near completion. One of her feet appeared stuck in the molt, but she got it. This morning, I check on her again and that same leg now looks like a candy cane. The "foot" section is bent backwards. I've never seen this or heard of it happening. Will it self correct? Correct at next molt? Or, is this a major long-term problem?

Thanks for any input.
If she finds it to be problematic she will amputate it. If not she will just continue on. Either way it should resolve itself with the next molt or two.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's what I'm hoping for. No amputation, please! She's too gorgeous to have a funny looking leg. So long as it resolves itself, all will be fine.

I just don't understand why she molted so awkwardly in the first place...I think that is what caused this issue. When she landed back out of her molt, it made her leg bend backward as it was still be wrestled out of the molt.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
how big is the enclosure? IMO, most keep their Ts in too small an enclosure.
I had an adult female G pulchra self amputate a broken tibia (toe) and 3 months later when she molted it had regenerated completely.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is in a large deli-cup style container. She is still too small to put in a kritter keeper. It is about three times her leg span in height, and four times in width at current size.