Leg hair kicking for no apparant reason

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
like I said in the title. criket wasnt around I was just lookin at him through the tank He was shakin a leg thats for Darn sure, do they do that just because once in a while ? Perhaps putting some spikes in his webbing ? or did He see me and shook a leg ? also he was right beside his waterdish. perhaps like a dog defending a foodbowl ? A No Its mine action wen he saw me nearing ?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Highly unlikely it was sight, their vision is terrible.

It could be grain mites, they will cause a T to do the above. What species, getting ready to molt??

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It could also be grooming. Or creating a few lines of defense against predators.

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
You guys are both right. It's started molting today a d I'd say it was kicking hairs onto the web pad it made as a line of defence against the cricket I didn't realize was in there. I pulled out three live ones easier today amd two dead ones that aren't even eaten. Thought I got them a. I suppose I missed that one. Lucky I got him before too late. When I was trying g to get him he walked on the web pad. He defiantly stumbled a bit amd couldn't move well on it

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Re:molting
Good. Make sure to not feed it after it's done molting until its fangs are black. They'll be white at first, then red and then black.

Re:crickets
I don't know why you threw so many in there, and it is certainly not smart to leave prey in for more than a day, and even less when in pre-molt. Just feed in cricket first, if your T is quick to catch it, you can try another one. Don't throw four or five in at once if it never eats more than two.

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
Try to remove anything uneaten within 24hrs. If you didn't realize your T was molting, those crickets could have injured or killed the T fresh from a molt.

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Re:molting
Good. Make sure to not feed it after it's done molting until its fangs are black. They'll be white at first, then red and then black.

Re:crickets
I don't know why you threw so many in there, and it is certainly not smart to leave prey in for more than a day, and even less when in pre-molt. Just feed in cricket first, if your T is quick to catch it, you can try another one. Don't throw four or five in at once if it never eats more than two.
ok Ya Ive read that before on here, or similar stuff like that. when I first got him hed eat like a beast consistantly was four or five, would ven be holding two in his fangs and sill chasthem around till they were all dead . so 4 and sometimes 5 became the norm after a while. this lack of appetite is from premolt I shouldev caught that. I knew one was in there , I didnt realize there were 4-5 in there as theyve been hiding on me.