Leeches out for a snack

MushManMike

Arachnopeon
My young Asian Buffalo (Hirudinaria manillensis) and Hirudo verbena medicinal leeches during feeding time. Verbena were particularly picky tonight haha
C41E6476-CB5C-4E74-BD00-12ABB8E7E64F.jpeg 16A7AF03-EF7E-4771-B768-ED774F5E6B2F.jpeg

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
If you're gonna let your pet eat you alive atleast get one of those giant amazonian ones, so you can look cool doing it

MushManMike

Arachnopeon
If you're gonna let your pet eat you alive atleast get one of those giant amazonian ones, so you can look cool doing it
Asian buffalos aren’t cheap in comparison to your run of the mill like verbena medicinalis or orientalis and quite larger at about 12”+ but those Giant Amazonians are sick lmao but they are protected and also have a ~5” long proboscis instead of jaws 😅🤣🤣 I’m good on getting skewered lmao but I would own one if possible 🤪

MushManMike

Arachnopeon
Out of curiosity. Why let them feed off of you?
I just find leeches to be amazingly unique inverts and as far as feeding on myself I just don’t want to risk issues with other blood sources. And know mine will always be safe

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Asian buffalos aren’t cheap in comparison to your run of the mill like verbena medicinalis or orientalis and quite larger at about 12”+ but those Giant Amazonians are sick lmao but they are protected and also have a ~5” long proboscis instead of jaws 😅🤣🤣 I’m good on getting skewered lmao but I would own one if possible 🤪
They have a lab bred population, but I'm unsure if they're available to the public. If you look it up there's a bunch of articles on it tho.

Had no idea about the proboscis, that's neat

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I just find leeches to be amazingly unique inverts and as far as feeding on myself I just don’t want to risk issues with other blood sources. And know mine will always be safe
Good enough answer for me. I was just assuming it was some fetish thing at first.

MushManMike

Arachnopeon
They have a lab bred population, but I'm unsure if they're available to the public. If you look it up there's a bunch of articles on it tho.

Had no idea about the proboscis, that's neat
Definitely but I’ve never seen those for sale sadly some crazy chick sells them for 300 $ lmao but they are WC and not QTd.. I got my current ones from a guy believe they were 50$ just out of the cocoon where verbena and the other main ones you see are usually 5-10$ as freshies haha the that proboscis is wicked haha I’d love to get a Tiger leech next when possible but we’ll see 🤣

MushManMike

Arachnopeon
Good enough answer for me. I was just assuming it was some fetish thing at first.
🤣🤣 though there are studies being done on leech therapy helping erectile dysfunction I keep my leeches on my arm 😅

Last edited:

Poonjab

Arachnoking
🤣🤣 though there are studies being done on leech therapy helping erectile dysfunction I assume my leeches stay on my arm 😅
I lurk on 4chan dude. Trust me when I say I’ve seen weirder things people put on their wieners.

Adzk187

Arachnopeon
Oh cool, a rare active leech thread! If anyone wants to know more about leechers or trusted sellers to purchase from, I highly recommend joining leech gang on Facebook, very lovely and helpful people

MushManMike

Arachnopeon
Oh cool, a rare active leech thread! If anyone wants to know more about leechers or trusted sellers to purchase from, I highly recommend joining leech gang on Facebook, very lovely and helpful people
Love that group! Been on there for a while! Wish I was still modding but just couldn’t find the time sadly

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah, I have my limits. Letting leeches feed on me is not on my bucket list.