LED lighting

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Most of your Poecs would disappear and maybe all eastern Asian arboreals. The only OW arboreals tht stay out with mine on are Poecilotheria mirandas and metallicas.

Pretty much all my terrestrial stay out. But this is with LED. But whenever reason when I turn the room bulb on most run.
Thanks, looks like I'll forever be without lighting. Asians are among my favorite.

TRection

Arachnoknight
Got an update on my lighting, my LED's came today thanks to amazon so i got to work building what i can only describe as a "wooden lamp" to house the light strip, if anyone is looking for good LEDs i highly suggest the ones i used they are amazing!
Here is a step by step of my build for anyone who wants to do something like this themselves or for who ever is just curious :)

20170518_215057.jpg 20170518_215013.jpg Snapchat-213370286.jpg
First i basically build a wooden box without a bottom and then just used a straight piece to make a stand and drilled the whole thing into the back of my desk (sorry i don't have any pictures on making the actual box) Then i painted the whole thing black

20170518_215430.jpg 20170518_222925.jpg
Then it was time to set up the LED strip, i glued the strip in place wrapping around the inner walls of the box and connected up the wires

Snapchat-554431927.jpg Snapchat-641349384.jpg Snapchat-1445874887.jpg
Theres the finished set up, i took a couple pics in the dark to show the lowest and brightest settings ( it can be any color you want im just using white)
And just for anyone wondering theres ZERO heat coming off these its awesome :D

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Got an update on my lighting, my LED's came today thanks to amazon so i got to work building what i can only describe as a "wooden lamp" to house the light strip, if anyone is looking for good LEDs i highly suggest the ones i used they are amazing!
Here is a step by step of my build for anyone who wants to do something like this themselves or for who ever is just curious :)

View attachment 240683 View attachment 240684 View attachment 240685
First i basically build a wooden box without a bottom and then just used a straight piece to make a stand and drilled the whole thing into the back of my desk (sorry i don't have any pictures on making the actual box) Then i painted the whole thing black

View attachment 240686 View attachment 240687
Then it was time to set up the LED strip, i glued the strip in place wrapping around the inner walls of the box and connected up the wires

View attachment 240688 View attachment 240689 View attachment 240690
Theres the finished set up, i took a couple pics in the dark to show the lowest and brightest settings ( it can be any color you want im just using white)
And just for anyone wondering theres ZERO heat coming off these its awesome :D
Nice job! It not only looks nice, it will make maintenance a breeze :D

Bearded Brian

Arachnopeon
I recently installed a different array of led lighting (changes the colour at the push of a button) on my T "bookcase" layout,to be honest the red led suits them best i have found as they don't seem to see the red spectrum of light as they would other changes of light colour at night. Just my observation ;)