Leave home or bring with me?

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Usually I bring most of my collection to my girlfriends house in Rhode Island when I go up there. It gets pretty cold in that house so I want to leave them at my house this time. One of my Avicularia versicolor slings hasn't eaten in about a month and I think its in pre-molt. The other recently stopped eating too. Should I just leave them home for 4 days with a full water cap? I'd love to bring them and monitor them but it gets way too cold in that house.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Just leave them, they will be fine, of course :) In fact, you will just possibly create some problems by moving Ts in premoult into a cold house.

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
I think everything up to a week is no problem at all. I wouldn't like to move my collection for 4 days and then move it back again. There is a way higher risk of things going wrong than just leaving them for a few days.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
If your worried the enclosure might dry out and space allows put in an extra water dish or overflow the current one to help keep them from drying out

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Usually I bring most of my collection to my girlfriends house in Rhode Island when I go up there. It gets pretty cold in that house so I want to leave them at my house this time. One of my Avicularia versicolor slings hasn't eaten in about a month and I think its in pre-molt. The other recently stopped eating too. Should I just leave them home for 4 days with a full water cap? I'd love to bring them and monitor them but it gets way too cold in that house.
Leave them, be fine. Outerspace to RI, that's a quick trip

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
4 days? Hell, that's a lot, a lot indeed. Anyway, since all of us know that T's loves to be moved often and that they enjoy temperature jumps like us an orange juice in Summer, I suggest you to directly FedEx them to Rhode Island with a overnight shipping, you know... better safe than sorry :-s

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Came home to a tarantula who molted. I swear every time I come home to this it's the best feeling. It's kind of like opening presents on Christmas as a kid. Am I still going to be alright? Haha.

FullSizeRender.jpg