Least favorite tarantula species

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
3. NO HORNS. If it has a horn I don't like it.
This is part of the reason why C. meridionalis is the undisputed champion of Ceratogyrus, in my opinion. That and I like the darker colours of the patterns.

I've never been much of a fan of the red/orange/flame leg/knee terrestrial tarantulas, personally. Mostly a visual thing. Exceptions are B. auratus and M. mesomelas for terrestrials, where the orange/red functions more as a highlight against a dark black.

That said, I would keep any tarantula species, and would enjoy the individual if it was in my care. I just put some at a higher priority to own than others, and I'm aiming to keep my friend list at ~20 individuals.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Of the Ts I have owned, my G. pulchripes is my least favorite. I worry about her. She rarely eats, hasn't molted in 2 years of owning her, and is often scrunched up in stress pose. She must be quite depressed.

I have no desire to ever own on OBT. Or most OWs for that matter. Fast, potent venom, super defensive. No thanks.

I love my Avic, Aphonopelma, Euathlus. If I had more space, I would get more Aphonopelma and Aviculara. Also, my psycho lady Nhandu chromatus is pretty great. I wish I could give some of her spunk to Eeyore pulchripes.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Of the Ts I have owned, my G. pulchripes is my least favorite. I worry about her. She rarely eats, hasn't molted in 2 years of owning her, and is often scrunched up in stress pose. She must be quite depressed.

I have no desire to ever own on OBT. Or most OWs for that matter. Fast, potent venom, super defensive. No thanks.

I love my Avic, Aphonopelma, Euathlus. If I had more space, I would get more Aphonopelma and Aviculara. Also, my psycho lady Nhandu chromatus is pretty great. I wish I could give some of her spunk to Eeyore pulchripes.
But you didn't had already an OW, my friend? o_O

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Sounds like you may have been dealing with a sucking stomach issue.
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/checking-for-the-sucking-stomach-on-your-molts.306981/
Agreed. It was an A. ezendami and while they are known to not eat often as slings, it went on for a while and eventually I found him in a death curl.

I didn't want to believe it and convinced myself it was another molt and took all the dirt out of the condiment cup to try to find him. But he was gone. It was my first T loss.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I LOVE Aphonopelmas, but I have a group of probable A. iodius slings that I've had since 2008, and they are now a wopping 1.5"! Almost 11 years old, molt once a year and hardly gain any size :shifty::meh:

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
5. Blue hype species, like P. met., T. seladonia and the like. I have a few blue ones but only because they have some other redeeming qualities. Generally I prefer other colors.
Same, its kind of overrated for me. They're beautiful but I really like black over blue. :rolleyes:

I also don't like it that most beautiful Ts are pet holes. :banghead:

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I LOVE Aphonopelmas, but I have a group of probable A. iodius slings that I've had since 2008, and they are now a wopping 1.5"! Almost 11 years old, molt once a year and hardly gain any size :shifty::meh:
My god. I though my A. anax was slow. How long do A. iodius live, if they take this long to grow?!

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My god. I though my A. anax was slow. How long do A. iodius live, if they take this long to grow?!
I would imagine a long time...but I wonder if they grow faster in the wild where seasonal queues are more obvious (cold winter/hot summer) :confused: