Least Favorite Part

CEOAirsoft

Arachnopeon
What's your least favorite part about T keeping if anything?

Me Personally, I hate it when they kick a bunch of hairs then they have an ugly bald spot on them then take forever to molt. Ugh that drives me nuts!

Last edited:

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
I have a really difficult time retrieving crickets that my Ts refuse to eat from the enclosures. Also, mold. :vomit:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Unexplained death of an outwardly appearing healthy T stopped in its tracks during a hunt.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
The idea of having one mature into a male, I don't breed so for me it's the end of the road :,(
One wish would be for them to live as long as the females. Mother nature was a little rude in making them so expendable.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
People who don't understand and offer bug spray or shoes and other objects that could be used for squishing. I know they're (at least mostly) joking, but it still gets old after awhile! After all, it's not like I'm offering to squash their nasty little yappy, flea-ridden chihuahua - and that thing bites! (Ok, so I may have suggested drop-kicking the thing once, after it bit me for having the nerve to trespass on the sidewalk.) ;)

Also not fond of mold, mites, and phorid flies in the enclosures.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i hate trying to get crickets out a premolt Ts cage. especially the ones where my tongs cant get behind half the decor in the cage.:banghead:

truecreature

Arachnoknight
Most of what I don't like about the hobby has already been mentioned, so I'll add... not being able to get vet care. If there's something wrong with, say, your $200 MF G. pulchra you're pretty much SOL for the most part since all you can do is guess at what's wrong and what you can do to help. We still barely know anything about their health and medical needs

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definitely hair kicking. I used to not react to them but overtime it's gotten worse. My N.Coloradovillosus are the worst, and they're still only slings. Luckily I don't give them a reason to kick so they don't do it often, but if they did to it frequently, I would probably just sell them.

Also having one die for seemingly no reason sucks too.

ophidia

Arachnopeon
My LP's urticating hairs. It appears I'm particularly sensitive to her hairs, and she looooooooves to kick up a cloud when I have to do anything in her cage.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The worst part for me is swearing on a stack of marvel comics ( other comics are available) that I'm not buying anymore as I dont have the room and then seeing a container that fits perfectly in the only bit of space I have left and surprise surprise it's also perfect for housing a dwarf species

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Having a B. albiceps sling that molted like clockwork every 40-50 days (3 times) that has now been in premolt and hasnt eaten for over 4 months...

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
What's with all the hating on hair? That's part of their charm.

For me, my least favorite part is very specific. My AF T. stirmi's water dish. She does vile, disgusting things to that water dish. Unspeakable things.

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Crushing the crickets head for the balfouri slings. :sorry:

Estein

Arachnoknight
Promising myself that I'll wait until X date to get another, but oh look, someone is selling one of the Ts on my wish list at such a great price! And the shipping is so reasonable! And I have a vacant enclosure! I'm going to need more shelving soon.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's not related to T's but to crickets. I hate millimeter sized crickets I use for first instars etc they are extremely annoy to catch, and I, as a rule of mine, offer (and always offered) only live preys to T's. I've never offered a pre killed prey in the last 25 years to one of my Arachnids :-s