Least Favorite Part

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Putting prey in the enclosure that gets turned down. Then I have to fish it out. Ugh. And I worry about the Ts not eating.

I'd like to have at least one t that is a ravenous eater.
Get a Lasiodora or an A. geniculata, or both, they eat like they've never been fed unless they're in premoult.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I forgot to mention the really annoying part. Poking holes in deli cups.. It takes a lifetime :bored::bored:

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Crushing roach and superworm heads. Also, cleaning out leftover food and poo.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I forgot to mention the really annoying part. Poking holes in deli cups.. It takes a lifetime :bored::bored:
Never had to do it but if you put say 5 inside each other, fill with newspaper and compact then punch through all 5 at once with a dart or large needle it should be pretty quick.

I think if you used a soldering iron they'd melt together.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Never had to do it but if you put say 5 inside each other, fill with newspaper and compact then punch through all 5 at once with a dart or large needle it should be pretty quick.

I will need to try it. I usually just heat up small ice pick and go to town aha

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Transfers, especially terrestrials that have nasty hairs. unless i wear hazmat suit i'm full of blisters

basin79

ArachnoGod
This one's a double edged sword.

Shedding.

I really worry about my T's when they shut themselves off and I know they're in premolt.

But it is fantastic seeing them in their new birthday suit.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Transfers, especially terrestrials that have nasty hairs. unless i wear hazmat suit i'm full of blisters
Same but for different reasons, I feel so guilty uprooting my spiders from their comfy homes and traumatizing them. As a result I tend to procrastinate on rehousing.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak

Nah... soldering irons are the truth. Ex:
IMG_6897.JPG
IMG_7086.JPG
I've been using a soldering iron to make vent holes for a while now and I've never run in to any issues like that, even on the enclosures for my slings.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Yes soldering irons are phenomenal. I just thought they'd melt the delicups together.
I see what you were saying now. Not sure how well it would work, but it'd definitely be interesting to see someone try it out!

basin79

ArachnoGod
I see what you were saying now. Not sure how well it would work, but it'd definitely be interesting to see someone try it out!
My mum's an avid crafter and I've got her looking for her spare iron for me.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
soldering iron is good. Doing one or two tubs isnt bad but when you have to do 100+ its savage

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Used to use drill bits and I would ruin every other hard plastic container. Soldering iron changed my life.

I hate breeding feeders. It is like having a pet you truly don't won't and have to feed/clean regularly.