Least Favorite Part

creepa

Arachnoknight
The worst part of the hobby are those damn common names...!!:banghead::banghead::punch:

Last edited:

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
What's your least favorite part about T keeping if anything?

Me Personally, I hate it when they kick a bunch of hairs then they have an ugly bald spot on them then take forever to molt. Ugh that drives me nuts!

I hate the wait between molts and the slow growth of some species

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The misinformation is annoying also, but I suppose that's in every hobby.

Every time I hear people saying they don't give their slings waterdishes because "they'll drown" I internally cringe.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
The fact that its going to easily be the most annoying/difficult part of my move to a new place in about a month.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
The arboreals mess on the glass. The boluses in waterdishes. The stench of crickets.

Apart from the afore mentioned it is the dream.

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
The strong desire to murder every last MM cricket I can find. I really don't like chirping crickets. I have no problems with MF or immature crickets. But of course, those are the ones that get fed off because the males are usually both too small or too big.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I don't like finding Ts on there back right before bed! Damn M.balfouri!!!! I wont be able to sleep untill I know it is done molting :banghead:

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Putting prey in the enclosure that gets turned down. Then I have to fish it out. Ugh. And I worry about the Ts not eating.

I'd like to have at least one t that is a ravenous eater.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Ah, I got another one.

Modifying enclosures. I've gotten pretty decent at it out of necessity, but I don't enjoy it. Especially when you're excited for your expo plunder, only to have it dampened by being forced into the garage to work for awhile.

Last edited:

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Top 10:

10) The premolt fast.
9) My P regalis that hides for months on end.
8) My lack of space for more enclosures
7) Unexplained death
6) Shipping costs
5) A bank account lacking funds when the one you've been looking for his the classifieds.
4) Crickets that think they can swim
3) Hiding new T purchases from the other half
2) Explaining (lying) to the other half that the new T cost much less than the amount you actually paid for it.
1) The term "Birdeater"

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Top 10:

10) The premolt fast.
9) My P regalis that hides for months on end.
8) My lack of space for more enclosures
7) Unexplained death
6) Shipping costs
5) A bank account lacking funds when the one you've been looking for his the classifieds.
4) Crickets that think they can swim
3) Hiding new T purchases from the other half
2) Explaining (lying) to the other half that the new T cost much less than the amount you actually paid for it.
1) The term "Birdeater"
Lol, I pull off number 2...a lot. :D
'no dear, it's only 13 euros'
'tells about the shipping only :p'

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Having to explain to people why I keep Ts . Then after giving a clear concise explanation about my genuine appreciation for them people just shake their heads and say that I'm crazy and that Ts should be stomped on . Don't knock my hobby because you don't understand it .

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Putting prey in the enclosure that gets turned down. Then I have to fish it out. Ugh. And I worry about the Ts not eating.

I'd like to have at least one t that is a ravenous eater.
Get a Lasiodora! Eight-legged cricket disposals, all of them!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Having to explain to people why I keep Ts . Then after giving a clear concise explanation about my genuine appreciation for them people just shake their heads and say that I'm crazy and that Ts should be stomped on . Don't knock my hobby because you don't understand it .
Agreed. I legitimately don't understand how this is any stranger than collecting dolls or records. People spend thousands on something to stick on a shelf and gather dust. We spend a few hundred on a living creature, and we're the weird ones. Not to mention, this hobby easily has the potential to pay for itself. How many hobbies can say that?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Lasiodora hairs.
MM crickets.
My G. pulchripes' need to bury his water dish under a pile of substrate any chance he gets.
Finding a subadult/adult female of a species I'm after for sale when I'm skint :(