Leaky Leg?

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok I have a Juvinile A. seemanni that i owned for about 3 months now, ive never noticed it but it has a leaky leg...should i worry bout this or should I ignore it:confused:

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
seems to be a lot of leaking T's on these boards recently :(

From what ive read on these boards the leak can be plugged by applying a spot of super glue onto the wound.

If it is quite a bad wound maybe placing the T into an ICU to help it recover would be a good idea.

Although ive never had an injured T myself, these are tips ive read on these boards.

Hopefully i'll never have to use them myself,

Cheers,

Stu.

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I saw one of my spiders leaking a few days ago too. Didn't worry too much, and now he is back to his old habbit ... Munching down on his nice pink toes :).
Maybe yours won't do so good as mine did, but I surely hope it will be ok.

Good luck,

Dennis

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do you think it may just be water from it steping in its dish?

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:confused: well it seems that it leaks where the first bent in his knee would be, its not a serious leak but I was worried cause i dont want the thing to leak all out=D JK...on the serious note, i guess every since i bought it ive noticed crusty dried up goo on his knee, do i worry about it...normal?.....molt?.....He's not acting strange or any thing....

and thank you for welcoming me to the board=D

EDIT: I forgot one thing....I happen to buy a new G.Rosea today, i think im goin to love my rosea's.......i only have 4 T's but hopefully more to come..

I have one hell of a collection of others...

2 emperor scorpions
9 fresh water tanks
3 Savanna monitors
5 geckos
1 skink
2 red headed agama's
2 green iguana's
1 bearded dragon

Last edited:

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Longbord1
what do u mean by pink toes
It's a pinktoe.. Not sure what species yet, but it was sold to me as Avicularia ulrichea. I will try to get a better identification with their next molt.
But anyway, when he's munching down on his toes, hes munching is pink toes :).

But back on topic,
Welcome to the boards Psycho, I'm pretty sure you'll like it here.

Dennis

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had a T get injured once and was leaking from the tip of it's toe, the T worked it by pulling it through its fangs and squeezing on it and seemed to stop the leak on its own. It was cool to watch.

If you suspect your T of having a leak, you can also try liquid skin on the area to help seal it up. Try not to disturb the T too much, the less it moves, the less it should leak.

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We received a spider with a tibial injury a few years ago. He was bleeding clear liquid from the injury. We ended up using liquid bandage on it but we think he would have been okay if we had left him alone in retrospect. Eventually the liquid bandage came of and he was always a little gimpy with that leg. Since he was already a mature male, he didn't ever molt to recover it. As long as the spider is active, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

-Jill