Lazy T's?

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well. Our P. murinus doesn't spin. Doesn't bother iwth Any creative modifying of her tarritory. She uses her pot cave. But not a Wit of web save for a few rear end dips when she nails a cricket and is doing the cricket strut dance.

Our P. cambridgei hasn't shown a wit of interest in spinning or building Either.

Both are active and move around and eat great and Look great.

But Neither show any desire for spinning.

And I Really Really want to see them do some building.

What Is it with my T's.
Seems None of them have read the "I'm a tarantula and I act like this." Handbook.

Between the munch and flip moults and the none spinning spinners and the pebble guarding rosie....

I Have No clue.....

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
First off,If your T's are s'lings mist the cage lightly every two days and that will up your chances for them to spin, if they don't spin continue anyway and feed them mealworms.If they're adults I have no Idea...This worked for my A.Urticans and I thought it might work for other arboreals...Just my thoughts

Ben

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
here's an idea. maybe you should take out the flower pot and let your P. murinus alone for 1 or 2 days. check back and blam! you got yourself a get kingdom of webs. :) P. murinus are known to make their home by themselves

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I sat for a half hour today watching my 1" P. murinus web up an entire corner of her tank today. ;P

Leanne

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Exodus
First off,If your T's are s'lings mist the cage lightly every two days and that will up your chances for them to spin, if they don't spin continue anyway and feed them mealworms.If they're adults I have no Idea...This worked for my A.Urticans and I thought it might work for other arboreals...Just my thoughts

Ben
Our usambara is about 2- 2 1/2 inches.
The chevron about 3 inches.
And I misted yesterday real nice.

Theraphosa
I tossed a nice black cloth over Keoche's tank and will give her a few days. trying not to peeek :) and see how it turns out.

Thank you :)

And LPacker79 ARGH... I wanna watch them build!!!!!

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My Usumbara has built an awesome web near the top of his tank, just like an Avicularia would.

I've tried everything to get my gold P.murinus to do something exciting.
He started off by digging an inch underground, and lying flat on his back.
Then I gave him some wood, which he dug out from underneath to make a cave.
Then I propped his wood up like a tree and took away the substrate - he built a ramshackle burrow at the base of it. :rolleyes:

Uncreative lazy goit

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well...at least when they haven't made a web they like to sit in..at least you can seethem :)

And lopez, I saw those pics..that is pretty neat :) I wonder if it'll keep that home..

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well....
I peeked at my usambar.....

She DID do some webbing...

Pinned down a cricket I'd thrown to her earler and is now stretched out over her branch lounging........

I Am So looking forward to our indian violet growing up.
Her little pill bottle is now Filled with funnels and tunnels between the twigs I propped in there for her.

For a tiny thing she Sure is busy....

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you can say that again.. you should see my indian violet sling's home. Webs everywhere.. They are strong web builder and aggressive feeder, too.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The orange demon finaly did some more spinning.
She has a hammock just about as long and wide as she is.
And is back to lounging.

I think she needs coffee.......

I know I do.....

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My 4.5" L. Parahybana is lazy as well. She doesn't even bother to use her legs sometimes, she lies on her belly for hours at a time, which worried me the first couple times I saw her like that, but she seems healthy, so I guess she just likes resting her legs.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All ours lounge like that. Slinky (P.cambridgei) has finaly settled in and is relaxed enough to lounge now. Just grabs a section of her branch and settles down and hangs her legs over. Sunshine and Moonbeam, ( Rosies) both do the flop and lounge over their pot cave tops.