Lazy leg

ChineseDragon

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,

My 3 inch S. subspinipes Tiger legs seems to have some problem with one of its legs. It won't move back and forth(limited range of motion) like the others when cruising around and seems to just drag on the ground. As far as I can see it doesn't seem to bother the pede. Cosmetically there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, so I was wondering what this might be and if it could go back to full function after a molt? I'm worried about my lil Dragon :( ...

thanks in advance,

~mark
Chinese Dragon
p.s. i'll post more information if needed to identify the issue

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
something like this happened to the back 1/3 of a centipede after i fed it too large of a roach. i suspect some kind of damage (nerve would be my easy guess). possibly the same thing here?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry about it at all, probably slightly injured. I mostly house S. heros pedes. I often find C. vittatus scorpions in my home. I drop them in the S. heros containers. The pedes love'em and don't seem to be scared of much if they are hungry and comfy where they are. They usually get stung when they tackle a C. vittatus but it doesn't seem to bother them other than getting the same symptom you brought up. A leg or two will not be utilized for a few days. It always comes back though. I think your cent will be fine. I like scorpions too by the way and have several, it's just that C. vittatus are almost like roaches where I live.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, what Caco said makes me want to mention that physical damage can really do it in but it doesn't really sound that bad but we haven't seen your pede:eek: .

ChineseDragon

Arachnopeon
something like this happened to the back 1/3 of a centipede after i fed it too large of a roach. i suspect some kind of damage (nerve would be my easy guess). possibly the same thing here?
Wow, pretty much dead on Caco!
I fed it a damn large cricket(nearly half the pedes body length) and it might have been injured in the struggle. Stupid me! It's good to hear that it will probably recover though, thanks for cheering me up Gala :worship: .

ez,

~mark
Chinese Dragon

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool! Crickets have some big powerful choppers on them. The pedes will keep going on trying to kill and eat even after they've been chomped on. The energy they get from the huge cricket will prob be enough to heal the injured leg. I think that's the gamble nature is taking.

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's a good thing those little eating trains have tons of legs :p. I've had some pedes with that too, it always got fixed with time.

phil.