Latrodectus geometricus

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Getting 2 Latrodectus geometricus this weekend.Never kept them before.Been around the mactans quite a bit but never kept them either.

Been doing about 3 weeks of research on them in the afternoons on AB and other sites. I believe am really going to enjoy them can not wait till the arrive.

I am going hunt some mactans when it warms up.I seen the biggest population and mactans sizes themselves at brother's deer lease when hunting C.vittas.

Gnat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Latrodectus geometricus are becoming more common here in Ga where i live. i even had a free range one living in my bedroom the last few months. very cool spiders. maybe next time i see one ill catch it and keep it

davisfam

Arachnoknight
We've owned both species; our L. mactans can be quite entertaining to watch, she is such a perfectionist! LOL! :p

Widows are awesome spidiies to own and don't require much maintenance, at all. Just watch out for all those darn upcoming egg sacs in your future, if you are getting females, that is. ;)

Widowman10 will have TONS of information to provide you, I'm sure! :]

Good luck and please, don't forget to post pictures of your new beautiies!!

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We've owned both species; our L. mactans can be quite entertaining to watch, she is such a perfectionist! LOL! :p

Widows are awesome spidiies to own and don't require much maintenance, at all. Just watch out for all those darn upcoming egg sacs in your future, if you are getting females, that is. ;)

Widowman10 will have TONS of information to provide you, I'm sure! :]

Good luck and please, don't forget to post pictures of your new beautiies!!
Yea I read a lot of his posts,he is very informative in this area

Will I got home now at home,but I am at work will not get home tell 4.

Well I made 2- 1 quart enclosures with sticks.Try one with lid on bottom one with lid on top.

Read people doing it both ways,figured I'd experiment both ways for my on opinion ;)

Last edited:

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Very nice! I recently got 6 females myself! I have no idea what I'm gonna do with 6 of them, but they were free (Thanks Kevin!)

They are a fun species to keep and less dangerous than their black counterparts.And I just love the eggsacs they make, so neat!

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow they are nice and got a freebie,little faster than what I expected

Cool little spiders!

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well learned best to have lid on the bottom,they like hanging out at the top.Luckily I only went with one with lid on top,just have to enclosure in near future.