Latro wanted

mrglock27

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I looked over at the for sale section, didn't find any latros. I figured all you guys are here anyway so I'll post it under true spiders. I'll buy a female latro off of anybody who wants to sell one. Like $10 plus shipping? whatever you think is fair. Thanks, guys. Mike mrglock27@netscape.com Oh by the way I'm in western WA.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Should be tons of hesperus in your neck of the woods? have you gone out hunting?

There are a few generally ignored Theridiidae species up there that I would be interested in ...for trade. Enoplognatha ovata, Steatoda borealis etc. But, for the moment, I am not selling stock.

Otherwise, you should look into invert dealers. Hatari, Gearheart, Glades herps...to name a few.

...still, I bet you could find 10 of them in your immediate area tonight...just have to get out and look around. :)

mrglock27

Arachnopeon
nope, no hesperus west of the mountains in WA, only in eastern WA. I do have a female false widow, I think it's steatoda grossa. I've had her 1 year, she had a couple egg sacs last summer and they hatched and cannabalised each other. When I clear blackberries in the summer I always see tons of these spiders with light purple marks on them, really cool looking. I'm going searching on the web to find out what they are, and will definately be posting pics in a couple months.

mrglock27

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the info buthus, I will be buying a mactans and a couple hesperus from some generous people on this site, thanks people. Sincerely, Mike

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the info buthus, I will be buying a mactans and a couple hesperus from some generous people on this site, thanks people. Sincerely, Mike
Good to hear you found your spiders!
Interesting info regarding WA and latros. I would have assumed that hesps would be abundant in and around the Olympic forest. Its a fairly stable climate year round there ...a bit wet (understatement), but hesps are very adaptable. Just doing a little readin' and yes, you are definately correct regarding the latro distribution in WA. Good info. ;)