Lasiodoras

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was thinking about getting either a L. parahybana or a L. dificilus sling.

I was just wondering what the differences between these two were. I searched them both and really couldn't find much about the dificilus. Would I care for it like a parahybana?

Which would you all recommend?

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i dont know much about the dificilus but the parahybana sounds like a must have !

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Care is very similar, although I've found L. difficilis to be more likely to dessicate at smaller sizes.

L. parahybana is a cheaper selection - so if money is an issue, go with that (although the difference in price isn't excessive).

Both will eventually be an impressive display species with similar temperaments.

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well right now they are both the same size .75" for $10.00. If the dificilus seems to be troublesome at small sizes then maaybe my best bet would be the parahybana.

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My 7" female L. Parahybana is awesome looking- definately the most eye catching of all of my T's. She is a huge, gorgeous beast and hasnt really been too defensive so far. I dont know much about L. Difficilis , but I would totally get the Parahybana if I were you....

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I bought a L. dificilis over the parahybana. I've been quite happy with her when she isn't kicking hairs at me :)

I like to go for less common T's. Everyone and their uncle has a Parahybana, go for the dificilis.

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd say go for the parahybana, I've heard nothing but good things about them, all I've heard about the dificilus is that it tends to die easier as a sling. I'm probably going to pick up an L. parahybana on friday when I get paid.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
its got to be the parahybana big out a lot of the time a good eater and a bit :evil: :evil: lol good luck what ever you get ---- phil

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
L. parahybana

Well thanks for all the replies. :worship: I actually went with the parahybana. I thought about just getting both of them for a minute there LOL. I do like the rarity of the difficilis, and they are overall very similar in appearance. But I think it was becca's and spider_fan's posts that actually persuaded me to go this direction.
Care is very similar, although I've found L. difficilis to be more likely to dessicate at smaller sizes.
I'd say go for the parahybana, I've heard nothing but good things about them, all I've heard about the dificilus is that it tends to die easier as a sling.
With it being the case that they are so small I'd rather not risk it. I'm sure I'll be completely happy with the little fella. :p