Lasiodora ......?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can anyone tell me what Lasiodora species this is? I got it as an LP, but it looks different then the LP I just received.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's Probably...

An L. Difficilis then......I just received my first 4" female.....looks just like the Pic you posted.

Also: I like the image, as it shows a pretty lush environment, good job & GL w/ them. Lasiodora is among my favorite genus' - and I hold ALL my specimens on occasion, regardless of size.

Have a good Holiday 2 - Jason :D

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like parahybana to me.
you should put up a pic of the new spider you got. Maybe that's a different species.

moose

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
I would wait until the long awaited Lasiodora revision of Bertani is published before trying to accurately ID Lasiodora.

Halo7

Arachnopeon
I would say (in my experience with L parahybana) that it is a Parahybana.

Breeders who have enough passion for the hobby, enough money to feed and house this beast, and enough nerve to try to sell it, are going to know what kind of T they have. Generally speaking, This species is very docile and will throw hairs 90% of the time before they bite. Something else you should know is the males look quite a bit different than the females. Once fully matured, males are lanky, restless, and much smaller than the females which are hardy and rarely shy. They develop "boxing glove" like bulbs on the end of their pedipalps and will spend thick sperm webs while spending a lot of time wondering their tank. They tend to make a dried-leafy sound when running and are pretty quick. My female has no problem just showing off her size out in the open of her tank. (they grow an ego with their size) Just be warned (as I'm sure you have already found out) that this species in particular has some of the WORST urticating hairs known. They look like giant shards of fiberglass under a microscope, and can permanently damage your cornea if any get lodged in your eyes. The above picture looks exactly like my Female L. Parahybana, but i can't say 100% for sure because there are some others that look much like the L parahybana. But like i said, hard to believe that a enthusiast who sells T's would be wrong about the species he owns.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
But like i said, hard to believe that a enthusiast who sells T's would be wrong about the species he owns.
It's not hard to believe at all, esp with very similar species. They may not knowlingly sell it wrong but mistakes can be easy to make.