Lasiodora parahybana

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
Really just need to know what kind of habitat this T prefers. Any other information would be useful too. Thank you

Ijk24

Arachnosquire
Really just need to know what kind of habitat this T prefers. Any other information would be useful too. Thank you
A LOT of space and you can keep it either dry or humid but keep humid to be on the safe side. My LP likes it dry. Also make sure to give them a hide as well

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Slings:
Humid, plenty of burrowing room, plenty of food

Adults:
Semi-humid (overflow water dish, let it dry, repeat), no burrowing room needed

Other than that, pretty standard terrestrial care. This is a large, fast growing spider that needs to be fed as such. This also leads to a lot of chances for mold outbreaks due to the abundance of boluses. Just spot clean and you'll be fine.

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
A LOT of space and you can keep it either dry or humid but keep humid to be on the safe side. My LP likes it dry. Also make sure to give them a hide as well
I'm going to start out with a spiderling but I've heard they grow into adulthood within a year or 2. Is that true?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'm going to start out with a spiderling but I've heard they grow into adulthood within a year or 2. Is that true?
As has been said, no, not true. They grow to a very large size in two years, but they don't max out in two years unless kept under absolutely ideal conditions... or are a male. I keep my T room fairly warm, and my girl hasn't molted in about 9 months - she's only 6", so not max size at all.

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
As has been said, no, not true. They grow to a very large size in two years, but they don't max out in two years unless kept under absolutely ideal conditions... or are a male. I keep my T room fairly warm, and my girl hasn't molted in about 9 months - she's only 6", so not max size at all.
How long have you had her? Was she a sling?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
How long have you had her? Was she a sling?
Nope, bought her at an expo about nine month ago... so it could be a lot longer than nine months since her last molt.

I did get a sling about a year ago as a freebie, just under 1" at the time. It's currently sitting at just over 4". So, yeah, fast growing.

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
Nope, bought her at an expo about nine month ago... so it could be a lot longer than nine months since her last molt.

I did get a sling about a year ago as a freebie, just under 1" at the time. It's currently sitting at just over 4". So, yeah, fast growing.
Wow, thanks for sharing :)