Lasiodora parahybana vTheraphosa Apophysis is it worth it for me?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Woah, really? Your genic doesn't kick? You got some luck right there, mine is probably the biggest hairkicker I have. Young LP I got is waaaay calmer... Just backs up the good old 'each T is individual' spiel I guess.
I was feeding her the other night, opened the lid half way and she climbed half way out. "Oh Hai!" Quick brush to her back legs gets her to turn back instantly, but no kicking, at all. I think because she is close to full grown
she isn't nervous about much. Oh, and she likes to stand on her tip toes

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
I was feeding her the other night, opened the lid half way and she climbed half way out. "Oh Hai!" Quick brush to her back legs gets her to turn back instantly, but no kicking, at all. I think because she is close to full grown
she isn't nervous about much. Oh, and she likes to stand on her tip toes
Ooft what a beauty! And a sweetheart to boot, eh? Can't wait till mine gets that big!

Last edited:

ant ramblings

Arachnopeon
Well I do wander if i would have an LP if i already owned Theraphosa though lots of people do say the LP will not anywere near as big and they can be reasonably chill to own so a good contrast .
Wow Matt what a spider the A.genic do look so impressive mine has only just got stripy legs last sunday so a long way to go .

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Ooft what a beauty! And a sweetheart to boot, eh? Can't wait till mine gets that big!
"Wow Matt what a spider the A.genic do look so impressive mine has only just got stripy legs last sunday so a long way to go ."

Thanks, unlike many on this board, I have lots of adults. She isn't quite full grown, she's probably on 6.5" DLS but yes, she's a good gal. They are probably my fave Big T

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
I know this started as LP vs Apophysis but as seen by a few responses laready....GENICS ROCK!!!

@JonnyTorch and @Matt Man they are even more impressive when they get to mythical size.
my big girl 'Genie' (now in spider heaven) was last measured by moult at 8 inches.

2 pics attached. 1 is the DLS moult the other is a moult of a 6 inch genic placed in the enclosure briefly to give some size perspective. *She also liked to climb ha ha.
20190706_143414.jpg 20190911_192835.jpg

ant ramblings

Arachnopeon
That is totally amazing dont think i have ever seen 8" A.gen so glad i got mine .
Its a bit skittish as a sling but sort of brave of that makes sense .
Runs off into its burrow when i open the lid but is soon out again to see what i am upto .
It lives in paralel with my G.pulchripes sling .
I got them around the same time and size and they even looked the same but the temperment is night and day .
I would almost say the g.pulchripes acts tame plodding around coming up to me to see if i am giving it some food .
I was so impressed i got two inch juvie as well that's grown a bit now and it's also very calm and gives off relaxed vibes can't wait till that one gets big .