Lasiodora parahybana on his back....

Austria Knows

Arachnopeon
Hi my Lasiodora parahybana just molten and I've just found out she is a he, but now he was webbing a little then I found him in about half an hour later is on his back underneath the webbing, but also webbing from there.
Can anyone tell me what is going on?
I've never had a male and thought all these years he was a she.

Veribug

Arachnosquire
Um, not sure. Got any photos? Chances are it's just doing weird spider things if it's still webbing whilst upside down.
A photo would help though!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Hi my Lasiodora parahybana just molten and I've just found out she is a he, but now he was webbing a little then I found him in about half an hour later is on his back underneath the webbing, but also webbing from there.
Is he mature? If so, he is most likely making a sperm web preparing for the ladies. Take a photo and we can let you know.

Veribug

Arachnosquire
I wouldn't worry, as Trenor said, probably building a sperm web. Didn't know they could go upside down to do it though. Hehe

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
by your description your she, who has now proven to be a he.. has spun a sperm web and was loading his pedipalps with sperm. :) no worries, just a tarantula tarantulaing.. :)

I wouldn't worry, as Trenor said, probably building a sperm web. Didn't know they could go upside down to do it though. Hehe
all tarantulas, I believe, load their sperm webs this way.

Sana

Arachnoprince
I believe that everyone is accurate on the sperm web. I've seen a couple of mine do the same thing, mature males loading their pedipalps.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Sounds like a mature male thing to be doing. Probably just filling the tank. Will be going for a boxing session soon if that is the case I hope :D