Lasiodora parahybana Love

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's the happy couple, or fiesty couple. Big gal to move under!

N-Joy
Art

Last edited:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Great picture Art,
Did they connect ? And did he live to breed another day?

Ernie

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LP

Ernie,

Nice collection!

Yes they did hook up and he's alive only because I snatched him out of the container right after mating. L. parahybana females are extremely aggressive and well know male munchers. She went after him 100% of the times I introduced the male.

N-Joy
Art

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool! Good luck with your eggsack. My female pictured above laid a "huge" eggsack over the weekend.

N-Joy
Art

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck Tony, and Congrats Art. I'll be getting my hands on a few of those I'm sure. ;) I'm guessing they hatch out as pretty big s'lings, like T. blondi s'lings?

Are Lasiodora s'lngs as difficult to raise as blondi?

Atrax

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Atrax,

To my knowledge L.parahybana is generally easier to raise. Blondi's difficulty is largely humidty/stagnation based.

-V

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The slings of L.parahybana are ALOT smaller than T.blondi. I have one,and when purchased it was as small of a sling as you'll see; barely 1/4". Micros! But they are remarkebly adept and agile hunters. Mine is now about 3 1/2", and is a eating machine. Have had it about 6 months, was a slow grower at first, now things are picking up nicely. And they are very hardy, not nearly as humidity sensitive as most.:)

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
L. parahybana with eggsack

Here's the proud mamma. Yes L. parahybana are 1/4 or smaller compared to 1" T. blondi lings out of the eggsack. Both could grow to 4 inches in a year.

N-Joy
Art