Lasiodora difficilis Care

sasker

Arachnoprince
No worries, no feelings were hurt :D

I just felt that it could turn into an endless discussion that would serve no-one. Discussions should be helpful/educational for at least one of the parties involved :)

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry I ave been super busy lately and haven't had the time to reply.
I have since brushed up on my tarantula knowledge, thanks to Tom and some others.
I now feel comfortable with them, and have the proper knowledge to care for them properly. I see the post went south quick.
And for the record I keep it in the small container my 4" G.porteri came in. Top ventilation, with the small water dish always full. I never soak the substrate just keep in lightly moist. So far growing and eating like a champ and very active.
The springtails are keeping everything clean for me. I have also ordered a Lasiodora parahybana 2.5" female shipping 23rd.

From my experience I found that most people including myself over complicate things, and worry far to much.
The best way to learn is through experience.
People should really be calling things "over complicated" based on the effort involved, not the breadth of words, it is the highest mistake to classify breadth of words as pedantic simply because of their complexity. It is an often too repeated pattern especially on these forums where something is classified as "going south", or painted as a malicious discussion, simply because of the presence of rebuttals. To the extent to which the members of these boards oppose a discussion that involves some amount of opposition, otherwise known as a debate, makes me wonder if we should just defer to tarantula snapchat and forget the boards.

sasker

Arachnoprince
Arguing for the sake of arguing... What is that called again? :troll:

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No worries, no feelings were hurt :D

I just felt that it could turn into an endless discussion that would serve no-one. Discussions should be helpful/educational for at least one of the parties involved :)
Arguing for the sake of arguing... What is that called again? :troll:
That's great man, but before you go on saying how the discussion gets heated, that there's no point, endless, etc, please do note that you are attacking my conviction and motivation for argumentation, I only seek to progress our knowledge, please look in the mirror.

antsman

Arachnosquire
People should really be calling things "over complicated" based on the effort involved, not the breadth of words, it is the highest mistake to classify breadth of words as pedantic simply because of their complexity. It is an often too repeated pattern especially on these forums where something is classified as "going south", or painted as a malicious discussion, simply because of the presence of rebuttals. To the extent to which the members of these boards oppose a discussion that involves some amount of opposition, otherwise known as a debate, makes me wonder if we should just defer to tarantula snapchat and forget the boards.

Nothing like that at all. If you want to discuss this subject further I feel you should have taken it to a fresh post. So the information shared is not scattered. I'm sorry again poor choice of words. I should have said the post has gotten off topic a bit. All I wanted to know was if they needed any kind of special conditions.

Some people when explaining their methods seem to over complicate the process. I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't talking of the complexity of keeping, but the information shared by others. It's seems to me keepers over react and over complicate, instead of simplifying when applicable.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nothing like that at all. If you want to discuss this subject further I feel you should have taken it to a fresh post. So the information shared is not scattered. I'm sorry again poor choice of words. I should have said the post has gotten off topic a bit. All I wanted to know was if they needed any kind of special conditions.

Some people when explaining their methods seem to over complicate the process. I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't talking of the complexity of keeping, but the information shared by others. It's seems to me keepers over react and over complicate, instead of simplifying when applicable.
You are literally talking about the same thing dude, this is arachnoboards, we share our information regarding how we keep our tarantulas, again, going around chanting simplify assumes that everything is simple. Again, i believe that if you are to truly judge complexity, judge the effort involved, not the breadth of words, i am glad that you were able to figure out a method that worked for you.