lasiodora difficiles question

jolsen91

Arachnopeon
so i have a box in my lasiodora's cage and it boxed its self in it by webbing the entrance to molt but now after he molted he still is boxing himself in the box by webbing the entrance again and raerly comes out is this normal?

Attachments

Den

Arachnosquire
T's hide when they want to. Mine likes to be out in the open ALL THE TIME! She has a hide-log but if she were to use, she would be on top of it. :wall: I think it's normal, but I could be wrong. I've read a lot of threads that deal with this situation and about all the answers were, T's hide.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How long has it been since it molted?

It probably just wants to be left alone until it hardens up. Nothing to worry about, just offer it food after a week or two.

jolsen91

Arachnopeon
it molted 10 days ago so its still havent had a lot of time to thciken its outer skin

spidermania

Arachnopeon
Thats completely normal, give it a another day or two and all should be well. Good luck. Keep us posted...

jolsen91

Arachnopeon
new hide away

i finally got a propper hideout for my lasiodora and he loves it but the same thing the next morning i look at it and he has the entrance sealed off but it says in the tarantulas keeper guide it can take a few weeks to a month for there new exoskeleton to thickin but i think this friday when i buy crickets i will put a couple in there and see if he is hungry

Attachments

jolsen91

Arachnopeon
my fire red is doing fine just a lil to paranoid it loves to hide and is eating normally like the pig it is :}