"Lasiodora cristata" with eggsac pic

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This was just moments before I took her eggsac from her. I took a quick peek inside and found eggs with legs! The male was a loan from John Hoke. This is the smaller of my 2 females (only about 4.5"- 5").

Attachments

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Excellent JP! L cristatus is one of my favorite sp., you're lucky! I have a mature male I need to find a mate for and hopefully bring even another bloodline into the hobby.
Best of luck with the brood! :)

Atrax

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by JP version 1.0
This was just moments before I took her eggsac from her. I took a quick peek inside and found eggs with legs! The male was a loan from John Hoke. This is the smaller of my 2 females (only about 4.5"- 5").
Wow! That is one enormous eggsac. Better get those pill vials ready :)

Congratulations!

Joy

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
@ Holley- Sorry to hear that.:( Hopefully you will get some slings from my G. grossa female. After I gave your male back to Joy, one of my males matured and was mated to her as well. Keep your fingers crossed.

@ pamandron- Thanks!

@ Atrax- Thanks, and good luck finding a mate for yours. Now if I could just get this damn nigricolor male to mature...

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: Re: "Lasiodora cristata" with eggsac pic

Originally posted by Joy
Wow! That is one enormous eggsac. Better get those pill vials ready :)

Congratulations!

Joy
Thanks, Joy. You are right about that- those nymphs look tiny. It's good that Hoke gets some. I'm giving you some also for all your hard work with my stubborn male. I just cleaned Cronoss out of vials,and ordered some of my own for the Chaco slings. I have a few left, but probably(if all goes well) not enough.

John

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool man, hope you have lots in the end. Hey maybe a contest if you have lots after you split with John. :)

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
that looks like a large egg sac how many slings usally come with this spieces

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
@SpiderFood- Thanks! I have a contest in the works concerning another eggsac, but it might be fun to do one with this one too- if all goes well.

@Sean- I have no idea how many slings this species usually has. This female is not large by "cristata" standards, so I would expect that hers may be on the low side.

John

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: "Lasiodora cristata" with eggsac pic

Originally posted by JP version 1.0
Thanks, Joy. You are right about that- those nymphs look tiny. It's good that Hoke gets some. I'm giving you some also for all your hard work with my stubborn male.

Too cool! I thank you very much. If my female makes a sac of her own, I will reciprocate ;) She's been acting very reclusive lately and doing a lot of digging, so you never know!

Joy

Zibi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmm

Wow, pretty big eggsac. Congratulations :p

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
alot of L. cristata being born!

Congrats John!, I just hatched out a huge sac, and could expect possibly 1500-2000 slings.

Here's my gal...

Last edited:

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
one more...

Here's the sac after being opened.....

Last edited:

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
@Phil- Thanks and congrats to you on your recent Grammostola sac.

@Kelly- Thanks. It's nice to know I'm in good company. Congrats to you on your gazillion slings as well. They are quite fertile! :eek:

John

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sweet pics Kelly and once again congrats. You lucky dog :)

Phil