Lasiodora and Avicularia questions.

knifeguy

Arachnopeon
So as some have noticed i am new to this forum and i have a few questions about my T's.
First i'd like to know if for an adult l parahybana a 45/45(cm) terrarium is big enough and if not what would be? I found a lot of sites with info but most say the volume of the tank in gallons and that is of little to no help. Same goes for an a versicolor, how large should the enclosure be? x/x/x(cm or inches).
I'm fairly new to the hobby and tho i did some research on the great google i still have this question eating away at me.
Sincere apologies if i am in the wrong section or if the question already has the answer to it but i have failed to find the answer by search methods and also failed to see a better place for this topic.

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
HEY

WELL I AM NOT SURE ABOUT ARBOREAL'S. BUT FOR TERRESTRIAL T'S THE RULE OF THUMB IS THAT THE LENGTH OF THE ENCLOSURE SHOULD BE 2.5 TIMES THE T'S LENGTH, THE WIDTH SHOULD BE 2 TIMES ITS LENGTH AND THE HIGHT SHOULD BE 1.5 TIMES THE T'S LENGTH AND THEN GIVE YOUR T ABOUT 10CM OFF SUBSTRATE.

ADULT L. parahybana RANGE BETWEEN 9 AND 11 INCHES SO ANYTHING BETWEEN 22CM AND 28CM.

HOPE IT HELPS.:)

SpiderDane

Arachnopeon
Hey and welcome to the board :)

It sounds reasonable enough for a Lasiodora parahybana or klugi :D

For your problem with the gallons, then google is your friend ;)

Try: gallons to liters converter :)

If you use the search function then you can find allot of care sheets :D

knifeguy

Arachnopeon
Hey and welcome to the board :)

It sounds reasonable enough for a Lasiodora parahybana or klugi :D

For your problem with the gallons, then google is your friend ;)

Try: gallons to liters converter :)

If you use the search function then you can find allot of care sheets :D
It's not the g to liters conversion that i have problems with, i do that by head, it's the g or liters conversion to L/l/h that i have a problem with as there is no way to guess how long/wide/tall a ... 40g terrarium is :)
All caresheets i found just talk about the volume of the enclosure not the actual size of the walls.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have mine in a 10g tank that's 24 inches long and 13 wide.

knifeguy

Arachnopeon
Cool, thanks for the replies, waiting on the avic versi question and i'm good.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is my largest A versi female at 5"

She is in an enclosure 12"x6"x6" like these, thats more than enough room for ant avi.

GL with your new T's

PIG-

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
1 gallon = 4 liters, and 1 inch = 2.54 cm. hopefully that will be a good reference, and this is coming off the top of my head since i just read it in my physics book recently.

Enjoy the T's, i have them in sling form right now, so it's a waiting game for me.

Edit: Do the opposite as far as measurements of an enclosure goes for the avic. 2-3X height, 1.5x base, width.

Last edited:

knifeguy

Arachnopeon
I'm feeling a bit offended here :)
I stated that i do not have a problem with inch in cm or gallon in liters but that all caresheets i found only give the volume of the tank not the size L/l/h. So it is of no help to know that a avic versi needs 10 gallons if i do not have the actual base/height measurements.
Lucky for me warpig did give me a L/l/h so now i just need to make it.
Anyway thanks everyone for the help.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm feeling a bit offended here :)
I stated that i do not have a problem with inch in cm or gallon in liters but that all caresheets i found only give the volume of the tank not the size L/l/h. So it is of no help to know that a avic versi needs 10 gallons if i do not have the actual base/height measurements.
Lucky for me warpig did give me a L/l/h so now i just need to make it.
Anyway thanks everyone for the help.

45cm by 45cm is aceptable for a Parahybana :)

For an avicularia, somehwhere in the 40cm tall by 25cm wide will be cool :)