Lasiadora parahybana

connjamm19

Arachnopeon
are they highly venomous, hard to take care of and what temps/humidity do they need

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
They have hairs that are pretty bad but the bite isn't that bad ive heard but the fangs are large. So they can cause mechanical damage but otherwise not highly anything just really really large lol.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Their care is verrrry simple. No special humidity need, just keep it on semi-moist substrate, more or less. Temps--room temperature (generally between 65F and 85F ). They're dry tolerant, and all around very hardy. They do need to eat a lot, as far as T's go.

As far as behavior, they can be defensive, but it's mostly hair rather than fangs. I think the best temperament description would be confident/ bold---this T isn't skittish in the least.

As far as venom, it's a New World tarantula, so there is no venom potency to speak of. Like BigJ999 said though, the fangs themselves are big enough to do damage.

For an enclosure, a 10gallon tank would be appropriate for an adult. These T's wander around and will use the space. They don't really burrow or hide much, but it's always good to provide a retreat anyway.

They're very inexpensive, and grow like weeds. One thing I will say, is that among the spiderlings, there are usually more males than females. So get a few if you get any, to increase the odds of getting a female. Since their spiderlings only a few bucks apiece, that's not hard to do. :)

Great spiders all around!

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just be ready to have ample food supplies! Mine eat like the world's going to end tomorrow. Then they go into premoult. It's pretty awesome how much they'll pack down.

Enjoy! I think they are a great display T. Not for the colors, but for the "boldness." Mine sit in the exact middle of the terrarium all day long. It's really quite cool (Most others hide, save my pulchras)