Largest true spiders in the trade

CtenidaeMan

Arachnopeon
I would recommend Heteropoda boiei. Easy to keep and pretty big, the largest Sparrassidae i´ve kept so far. Mark Stockmann currently does a breeding project with a Heteropoda sp from thai caves (they are really big and remind a bit of H. maxima), so maybe he got some slings for sale in the future.

ChaosSphere

Arachnosquire
It should be noted that Sicarius, like other Sicariidae's pack a potentially very, very nasty bite.
While their care are simple, especially with them being unable to climb glass, it's important to remember that a bite from them could be dangerous.

Cecelias lair

Arachnosquire
LOL just looked up the first one out of curiosity, and at the end of the paragraph, this gem:

" Its bite can cause a penile erection (priapism) that lasts for several hours."
So THIS is the famous spider. I've heard about this before but didn't know what spider actually caused that from a bite

ForTW

Arachnobaron
what usually makes them difficult to keep as adults?
The males refuse almost all food, so you need a female ready and those are very delicate aswell.
They are not as fast as other heteropoda sp. which makes it even worse.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
A male and a female of mine. As adult they are difficult to keep but as juvenile easy. P.s. Egg sac got eaten but i got more in progress
I ordered these two years ago from a german seller. Sold as Heteropoda sp maxima, but mine where just another smaller species from Thailand. But with a legspan of nearly 20 cm still impressive.
DSCN8385.JPG DSCN8427.JPG

Heteropoda boiei also get big (18 cm legspan) / huge Cupiennius getazi (C. salei getting even bigger)
DSCN5366.JPG DSCN6003.JPG

jesus gonzalez

Arachnopeon
I ordered these two years ago from a german seller. Sold as Heteropoda sp maxima, but mine where just another smaller species from Thailand. But with a legspan of nearly 20 cm still impressive.
View attachment 442310 View attachment 442311

Heteropoda boiei also get big (18 cm legspan) / huge Cupiennius getazi (C. salei getting even bigger)
View attachment 442312 View attachment 442313
also heterpoda boiei was first on my list but considering how bad the climate is where I am from I think i might have a better shot with SP thai caves but truly a beautiful huntsman