Large Terrestrial Tank

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Try these, take a look at the "1/2 tanks" should be able to find one that works if not they do custom. you can also buy the frames only and build your own.

Half tanks
http://glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=3

Tank Frames
http://glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=43
Ah, I had forgotten about them, even though I have them bookmarked hah. Thanks a lot for the reminder! I remember when they came out many years in the back of Reptiles Magazine with a knockdown glass tank. I was interested then, and more so now.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Ah, I had forgotten about them, even though I have them bookmarked hah. Thanks a lot for the reminder! I remember when they came out many years in the back of Reptiles Magazine with a knockdown glass tank. I was interested then, and more so now.
If you buy just the black plastic frames you could use plexi instead of glass and ventilate to your own needs.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you buy just the black plastic frames you could use plexi instead of glass and ventilate to your own needs.
Not sure what I'll do yet. I like glass because it transmits light the best, and is far easier to clean. It's certainly easier to drill holes in plastic though. I'll have to think about this, thanks for reminding me of the site.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Not sure what I'll do yet. I like glass because it transmits light the best, and is far easier to clean. It's certainly easier to drill holes in plastic though. I'll have to think about this, thanks for reminding me of the site.
Did you ever decide what to do? I'm still looking for a nice display enclosure for my LP so I'm interested in what you've found.

Also, just a side note, acrylic is actually like 2% more optically clear than glass. ;)

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Also, just a side note, acrylic is actually like 2% more optically clear than glass. ;)
Yeah, for a few weeks until it gets scratched up. How it scratches so easily...and warps with humidity...is what made me stop using acrylic enclosures and lids.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Did you ever decide what to do? I'm still looking for a nice display enclosure for my LP so I'm interested in what you've found.

I haven't had time lately. I've been research dart frogs =) I'd likely go w/the plastic over the glass for a variety of reasons, none related to Ts though. I wouldn't use it for frogs.

Mostly it's easier to drill, I tend to move a lot, so it's easier to move. If it breaks, I can get a new piece, and not deal w/shattered glass etc.

For the bottom I'd go w/black ABS plastic as acrylic stains.