Large tarantulas and lateralis roaches

KenD

Arachnosquire
Currently my tarantulas are all slings to small juveniles and I've thus far been feeding them lateralis roaches of various sizes. Definitely my favourite feeder, but preparing for the future I started thinking that perhaps they're not large enough feeders for adult tarantulas? Is this indeed the case, and at which point should I change to larger feeders? Some of the species I have might reach sizes of 7-8" as adults (Lasiodora parahybana, Acantoscurria geniculata, Poecilotheria regalis). Any T size where even adult Dubia roaches aren't large enough, if I'd at some point get a Theraphosa stirmi or blondi for example?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Adults can eat large crickets or adult roaches. You just have to feed them multiple.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I have several large adults and a rarely feed anything other than lats. Occasionally a dubia or hisser, but that is a rare occasion, and usually only when i am trying to put some weight on after pairing.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
For a 7-8 inch tarantula 3 MM red runners every other week is plenty, doesn't hurt to use superworms or dubia instead if you only want to feed 1 prey item at a time though.