Landscape photography

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Seeing as there are similar threads about photography on here, I thought I would start one devoted to landscapes.

Here's one of mine which was shot on medium format (6x7cm film) - Fuji Velvia 100. The location is Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island in South Australia. Feel free to share any of yours!

[/url][/IMG]

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Peacock Springs(FL) cave entrance alluringly beautiful & deadly...45+ divers have met their fate here.

Lake Lenore(WA)

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
beautiful pictures guys, lovin the rainbow falls too!!

heres the himalayas

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Sigh. I should know better by now...but hey, SOMEBODY from the "crappy point and shoot" camp has to contribute! ;) (Actually, I think the P&S takes fairly decent pictures, but it just can't compete with the more costly 35mm rigs)

And yes, I DO take pictures in other places, this is just the only place I have had the opportunity to do so since receiving the camera as a Christmas gift. :wall:

Attachments

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont often take landscapes...but...

One from Alaska in 2006:

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fartkowski, that second shot is quite moody with what looks list a slight mist. That beautiful old white house really adds to the atmosphere.

And Peacock Springs must be surreal...diving in fresh water always would be. That is tragic that so many divers have died there. Must be incredibly dangerous.

Awesome waterfall, Travis. I especially like the high viewpoint in the third photo down.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

I know that most people associate Australia with summer beaches and deserts. Here's a different sort of image of this country - showcasing the Victorian snow fields.

[/url]
southernland by dragonblade712003, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looking great guys, that aussi pic is beautiful..

and my landscape shots are from a point and shoot tim :)

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Wow, there is a coincidence, a few days ago I tried my hand at doing that with a image editor/organizer I've been experimenting with. Here is my very first attempt at making a panoramic vista. Not a very good subject, and I REALLY need to get away from that graveyard, but it was just to see if I could do it. Stitched from four pictures. Looks better uncompressed. Your example is much better, Nerri.

Attachments

tebs

Arachnopeon
Finally Got my DSLR!

Soooo...after years of using other people's cameras I finally got my own DSLR....thought I should post some pics in here...

This one is a very exotic landscape taken right from my frontyard :D. I was playing with slow speed....i think this one was shot at 15" F22 ISO200 .....also did an unsharp mask on PS on this one...

and here's one shot from a local park....pretty normal shot but I had to bump the vibrancy in PS a bit on this one.....

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
I really like the streetlight shot Tebs :)

Very cool effect.

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These were taken with a very cheap Canon Powershot, and yet still they came out very nice. No photoshop here, either.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
This picture was taken by a camera on a kite at Oscar Scherer park in Florida back in '08. It isn't a particularly great picture but due to a overall lack of effort on my part, it is probably one of the better KAP (kite aerial photography) shots I have.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments