Lampropelma Violaceopes ( Singapore Blue)

winwin

Arachnoknight
Hey guys, need help! I traded my H. Lividum for an L. Violaceopes and I can't seem to find a good care sheet on the net, I'm getting confused since some say they are burrowers, some say arboreal and some say both and what other things do I need to keep in mind with this species? Also is it more visible than the H. Lividum? I never see my H. Lividum(6.5cm++) that's why I traded it...

Roy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

As slings they are extremely shy and create deep elaborate burrows or tube webs in the corner of the tank, often incorporating substrate and sphagnum moss into the tube. It is very convenient to just throw the cricket into the tube if that is the case.

Once they reach about 4 inches in legspan, their arboreal nature will be more evident and they will be out of their burrows, often climbing around the tank. This will be a good time to transfer it to an arboreal enclosure with some bark or a hollowed out log for it to hide in.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello,

As slings they are extremely shy and create deep elaborate burrows or tube webs in the corner of the tank, often incorporating substrate and sphagnum moss into the tube. It is very convenient to just throw the cricket into the tube if that is the case.

Once they reach about 4 inches in legspan, their arboreal nature will be more evident and they will be out of their burrows, often climbing around the tank. This will be a good time to transfer it to an arboreal enclosure with some bark or a hollowed out log for it to hide in.
I second him :)

winwin

Arachnoknight
It just arrived earlier, it's around 2" but most of it is due to the legs, there's a slight violet color when you shine a light on it but it's still not so evident. It also molted a few hours after it arrived. =)

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
can i ask a quick question.
are singapore blues expensive and rare?
how much would an adult female be
how much are slings?

i know p.metalicas are expensive
and im sure the singapore blue is a fairly new find on trade lists, but trading a cobolt blue for one makes me think there cheap as cobolts are commen and cheap.
at least where i live they are...

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
bloodred1889

They are fairly common in the hobby, but they are not as cheap as H. lividum.

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
these are sik spidas! had some in the past, great eaters as adults. had a juv that died on me for no apparent reason but i gotta get some more at some point!

l.MetalHead.l

Arachnopeon
I have a sling atm, I got it from tarantula canada. Apparently they become arboreal as they grow, at the moment mine has constructed a burrow that he rarely leaves. I'm excited to see it's color change as it grows.

winwin

Arachnoknight
Thanks for all the replies. Mine stayed on the ground and built a small tunnel, the legs are still outside the tunnel because the tunnel is to short. Lol

CarsinemiA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Keep the L. violaceopes like a Pokie and you'll be fine.

I prefer not to use cork bark, but I use the dried off bark strips from palm trees. When they fall off and dry they curl naturally and it forms the perfect cylinder shape. It is also easy to puncture holes in if you want to add some platic plant decorations. I would post a pic but I have no idea where my camera is.

winwin

Arachnoknight
Keep the L. violaceopes like a Pokie and you'll be fine.

I prefer not to use cork bark, but I use the dried off bark strips from palm trees. When they fall off and dry they curl naturally and it forms the perfect cylinder shape. It is also easy to puncture holes in if you want to add some platic plant decorations. I would post a pic but I have no idea where my camera is.
If you could post pics when you find your camera, that'd be great. :D