Lampropelma violaceopes hibernation?

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It was looking brilliant eating well, molted with no issues what so ever, and seemeed fine. Then silked off it's burrow and has dissapeared for three weeks.Should I be concerned? I know I am new to t's but I am concerned.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I'm not sure, but since getting cold, mine has done the exact same thing. It ended up molting and eating once, then went back and sealed itself off. It's still I there, but it looks plump, so I'm not worried.

EDIT:
I probably won't attempt to feed unless it comes out, or breaks it's seal.

Last edited:

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine had webbed up it's entire enclosure, but I had to rehouse it as it was far to large to moult in the container it was in.

Since I re housed it, It has webbed up a little bit but nothing really and is still eating; so either I disturbed it, or it was just webbing a lot.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds like classic moulting.
Up the humidity and make sure the heat is at least 75F

Enki40

Arachnopeon
Although this species is arboreal...they will also burrow if given the opportunity.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you everyone, Oh yes it is adept at burrowing, but it usually sat atop it at night, now it has "silked" itself in and dissapeared. I think it is a sign of a molt too but it has been a week. The last time it molted it was a day. I'll up the humidity a bit and hope for the best.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
okay, I'm not worried anymore. I saw a flury of very long legs and then two spinnerets telling me I wasn't welcome to watch...we're all good.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine's still small enough that I can spy on it through the vial, but I have noticed that it's less 'out and about' lately.

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've got three (all about 2") and I haven't seen any of them in a month. So this behavior seems at least to be consistent for the species. ;)

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Mine is a bit over 4.5" and is out every day. She does have a nice burrow that she retreats quickly into if she notices that you're looking at her though.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Mine's still in there, hasn't come out yet. I seen she's webbed her molt to the wall in there too. So much for getting it intact.:wall: