Lampropelma sp. Borneo

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I am considering an upcoming purchase of a 1" sling. This would be my first foray into the arboreal world and would like any advice some of you could pass on to me, there just really isnt much info on these guys around.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Not to deter you or anything but if you lampropelma is anything like mine the only time your ever going to see it is when you unpack it.If your looking to get an arboreal that is going to be arboreal from day one get yourself an Avicularia.
Until that lampropelma is much larger your going to be a proud owner of a pet hole.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
And that is what I was completely afraid of. I really like the terrestrials(not that there aren't pet holes there too) but seem to be more active and out unless premolting. Thanks for the confirmation .

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
More info on Lampropelma sp."Borneo Black" here:
http://sites.google.com/site/asianarboreals/lampropelmasp."borneoblack"
Regarding the above post I def would not refer to them as being a "Pet hole"
They can tend to be rather secretive at times but if you own a flashlight and watch them once the lights are out you will see them come out of there nest quite often.Really just awesome spiders all around!Not to many people in the US hobby have adult females and I think that's the reason there not so popular yet here..Really need to see an adult in person to understand!Stunning species in my opinion.
-Chris

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
Yeah, only the ones i really want, like the p. metallica, or g. pulchra, really sad actually, murphey's law...