• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Lampropelma sp. "Borneo Black"

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Successful!

This female was purchased as a sling from Chris Allen. She was paired a few times between the months of October and November 2011. The eggsac was produced on 4/8/12 and was pulled on 5/18/12. It was full of eggs at that point and on 5/22/12 they started to emerge. 1st instar was reached on 6/14/12 and 2nd instar on 7/7/12. The temps were held between 65-80 during the whole process and the humidity within the incubator was near 100%. The final count was 103 spiderlings.

EWL's:

Darkening up:

1st instars:

2nd instars:

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Successful!

This female was purchased as a sling from one of Kenthebugguy's European imports. She was paired about the same time as the previous female between the months of October and December 2011. The eggsac was produced on 5/22/12 and was pulled on 7/5/12. It contained a bunch of EWL's and 1st instars. When I left for vacation July 25th, all were still 1st instar. When I arrived back home from my vacation August 9th, all of them had molted to 2nd instar. I'm not sure when they molted exactly, but it had to be sometime between those two dates. The temps were held between 65-80 during the whole process and the humidity within the incubator was near 100%. The final count was 102 spiderlings. I don't have many pictures of this eggsac because my camera isn't working at the moment, so here's a cell phone pic of the group:

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Successful!

The mother of the first successful eggsac double clutched for a second shortly after the first eggsac was pulled. The eggsac was dropped sometime between 7/25/12 and 8/11/12. It was pulled on 9/17/12 and contained a bunch of 1st instars. They were placed in the incubator and on 10/24/12 they began to molt to 2nd instar. All conditions were kept the same as the first two eggsacs. Final count: 77 2nd instar spiderlings.