Lampropelma nigerrimum

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Anyone know anything about this T?? Ive found a little bit of info but not much on them they certainly are pretty.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Thats a really nice species, wish I could get one, asked Santa for one this year but He hates me so I didn't get one.

TarantulaHomes

Arachnosquire
Beautiful spider from Sangihe island, Indonesia. Considered extinct for a long time, the species was rediscovered by Jean Michel Verdez in 2007. They are fast, but not skittish. Pretty easy to keep and don't require any special conditions. Room temperature during the day with a 10-15 degrees night drop and humidity slightly above average - 60-70%. They are said to be arboreal and live in trees as adults, but my sub-adult female constructed a nice tunnel on the ground and stays there most of the time, occasionally crawling the walls and bamboo pole in her enclosure. I wouldn't call them very aggressive, but definitely they are not friendly minded :) My female is impossible to scare away, she will go into a threat pose at the slightest provocation and will hold the ground no matter what, sometimes going into extreme and flipping on her back with her front legs in the air and fangs bared.

Btw, nigerrimum is pronounced "nee-guhr-REE-muhm" and means "the darkest" in Latin :)

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
WOW that really is a very pretty spider:drool: They are in the earthtiger family thats awsome :D Man those colors are awsome:drool:

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Thanx for the info much appreciated. I am now putting that on my wish list just below P. metallica!

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
On-topic: That is a beautiful T off to tarcan to see if they have any.

Last edited by a moderator: