Lady looks like... a dude?

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So, I bought this A. geniculata about.. maybe 9 months ago. It was about 4" when I first got it, and it was sold to me as female.

In the last few days, it has molted... and it looks like it has boxing gloves.

Am I nuts, or does it look male?

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is clearly a male :eek: . Those are emboli.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Would you do a breeding loan with my big girl?? :)

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Shucks. Hate bein' gipped on females.

But yeah, I could totally see about that once he's hardened up. Still pretty fresh. So does this mean he's mature now? I didn't SEE hooks, but I also didn't really want to mess with him much.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Take a look

Last edited:

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Hooks or not, palpal bulbs = mature.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
since when?? :?

Trust me, that dude have hooks that I could take him fishing ;)
Well,taking a look at MM geniculata... they are not as pronunciated as in other species. They are sort of mini hooks, I guess.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well,taking a look at MM geniculata... they are not as pronunciated as in other species. They are sort of mini hooks, I guess.
not pronounced? take a look,
here is pictures of My mature male with his 'meat hooks' and trust me, those males really need them {D

Thaaaaaaaaat would explain it. :wall:
Kori, if your mature male don't have tibial hooks, possibly that is not A. geniculata

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
not pronounced? take a look,
here is pictures of My mature male with his 'meat hooks' and trust me, those males really need them {D

Kori, if your mature male don't have tibial hooks, possibly that is not A. geniculata
When I look closer, I think there are tiny hooks.. I'll take another look once he's hardened up fully, since I don't want to hurt him.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Never seen them that pronounced. also because I have only owned ONE mature male Geniculata :)