Label makers for enclosures?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Just wondering if you got a label maker to label your T enclosures, and if so, which model you recommend? (I'm trying to stay on the cheap side...less than $50 for sure.)

So far, I've just been printing out the names on paper, cutting them out, and taping them onto the enclosures, but it's a little bit ghetto looking. :)

user 666

Arachnobaron
who uses labels anymore?

no, etching names into the sides of enclosure is the way to go. :wink:

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I have one, it is a Dymo Label Manager 160 I believe. It's just a basic one but I didn't need anything special. I also had to get the ac adapter to keep it dependable. Altogether it cost me about $40 including two extra rolls of label tape and the ac adapter.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Go to any office supply store and buy one - on sale, a decent one shouldn't run you too much. The Dymo LetraTag LT-100H routinely goes on sale for $15 at Staples, so keep an eye out for that one. No matter what you get, do not pay full price. If it's not on sale, don't buy it. The margin on label makers is usually around 150%-200%, meaning heavy sales are common.

The tape, however, never goes on sale. Don't hold your breath for that, just buy what you need.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Brother P-touch H101C

Not had any problems with it, it was pretty cheap and came with batteries (which I have yet to need to replace), replacement tape is like £4 a pop though.

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
Just wondering if you got a label maker to label your T enclosures, and if so, which model you recommend? (I'm trying to stay on the cheap side...less than $50 for sure.)

So far, I've just been printing out the names on paper, cutting them out, and taping them onto the enclosures, but it's a little bit ghetto looking. :)
I recommend the label printer from The Container Store. They have 1 type only, so finding will be no issue. It cost me $49 and comes with 2 beginner cartridges for the labels. It's an excellent purchase for what it's capable to do. I met a couple customers while I was cashing out that told me they have kept theirs for 20 years and it still works fine.