L Violaceopes question

JakeG85

Arachnopeon
I recently got a Singapore blue and I am confused wether it is male or female, the specimen is easily 7+ Inches which seems big for a male, but is also pretty dark brown with a violet color that is hard to see only on the underside of the legs. Any input will help, also very docile
Jake

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Can you get a picture of either the pedipalps or the underside of its abdomen?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I've heard they can get up to 9 inches in DLS. That would make them the biggest arboreal if I'm not mistaken.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
:snaphappy: worth say...1000 words.
No joke, and frankly an understatement. We had another thread recently asking about a bad molt with literally paragraphs upon paragraphs written describing the tarantula... all which could have been avoided by simply posting a picture. Even after the end of his/her essay, people were still asking for a picture.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I promise you the sexual dimorphism between female and MM is night and day. MM Lviola are quite possibly the ugliest mm ever haha. Olive green or brown leads me to believe youve either been misinformed/scammed/or sold the wrong t.

At 7" you will know a female Lv for what she is

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I promise you the sexual dimorphism between female and MM is night and day. MM Lviola are quite possibly the ugliest mm ever haha. Olive green or brown leads me to believe youve either been misinformed/scammed/or sold the wrong t.

At 7" you will know a female Lv for what she is

Having owned only MM Lvs

I couldn't agree more, ugly as sin. The color difference is striking.

Males can be 6", I know a Lv breeder.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've heard they can get up to 9 inches in DLS. That would make them the biggest arboreal if I'm not mistaken.
We read 9", I think that is exaggerated. Haven't seen one yet that size.

However regarding arboreal size, they are not the largest.

P rufilata is the largest. AFs routinely reach 10".

I know a Breeder that had/has a truly large female rufilata, she was over 10", an exceptional size.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Definitely not. I had a P. ornata who was over the 10" mark easy. I cant remember the exact size but here pics are here somewhere

cold blood

Staff member
That's a pretty distant pic.

But LVs brown out prior to molting...some get more brown than others.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats def not a MM and is almost undoubtedly a female. I retract my statements.. this is why a pic is worth a million words