L. Violaceopes' are so AWESOME!!!

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I just wanted to make an appreciation thread for the lovely Singapore. I almost never see anything pop up on T chat around here regaurding this awsome T, so I decided I would start off :D

Probably my favorite T in my collection followed closely by the Poke's and Psalmo's. Just love watching mine eat anything I throw at it! My lady just molted Friday and is starting to get a fairly good amount of blue/violet at around 4", I just can't stop watching it even though it hates the light so much and any sign of light sends her running for the cave!!! I also love how extravagent and large there burrows get (at least mines burrow)!!!

I wish I had some good pics to post, but she just loves her burrow so much, I can't really get in to take any good ones! Post some of your lovely Blue's if you got em along with some stories and why you like them so much ;)

Arthropod

Arachnopeon
They are pretty, if they ever come out LOL.
I don't like burrowing spiders, you hardly get to enjoy their beauty.

pok2010

Arachnopeon
Love em xd

here's a pic of one of the specamins i have,

Warning

Do not handle any tarantula, i do not encorage it or condone it. This is an idiotic thing to do, Do not try this

A bad pic of one of mine, she is not in any sence docile, i just got lucky lol
bare in mind this picture was taken in a dark room with dull lighting

BlackVenom

Arachnopeon
agree they are awesome!

One of the best to own IMO. Here's my Lampropelma violaceopes she does hide a lot and she is always pissed:evil: but still she is one of my favs.

Attachments

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lv's burrow only as slings. My adult female was quite an acrobat on branches. Ate three males, went gravid then broke a leg and visibly reabsorbed her brood to molt the following winter. She died while I was away from a heating failure... :(
Wanna have one back!!!!

Handling them is a definite no no... they are basically arboreal Cobalt Blues and have similar temper!!!

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Yea, mine seems to have developed a little more of a temper since last molt! It's kinda funny though, I try and shew the cricket down the funnel and you can see her on the other end throwin up a display. Guess that means someones not hungry ;) hehehe. I cannot wait till the day mine actually comes out of it's hide and starts walking around. But for now, I'm just happy with the fact it didn't web up all the glass and I can still see it farely well whenever I want to :D

k2power

Arachnoknight
Man, why do most of the blue tarantulas have to have nasty attitudes. I really want a Singapore blue or cobalt blue but am hesitant due to their speed and ready biting. One day maybe. I had a vietnamese centipede one time and that scared the crap outta me.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love mine, he/she is only about 1.5 inches, maybe less, but he/she is growing fast, very very fast.

Its coloration looks very similar to that one pictured above; is that one in the picture male or female?

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lv's burrow only as slings. My adult female was quite an acrobat on branches. Ate three males, went gravid then broke a leg and visibly reabsorbed her brood to molt the following winter. She died while I was away from a heating failure... :(
Wanna have one back!!!!

Handling them is a definite no no... they are basically arboreal Cobalt Blues and have similar temper!!!

I find this to be a rather funny statement....mainly because out of the 3 I do have. ranging from adults...to juvies. ALL burrow.

Granted its more of a dirt tube the goes from the substrate to the top...I will defiantly say these are burrowers. Very beautiful species none the less.

Here is a picture of my 6 inch female.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gotta love these guys... Mine is always out and about, even during the day.