L.Striatipes or not!

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's a picture of Rikko that I got from a pet store. They had it labeled Whiteknee. I went online to compare pictures and I believe it is the L.striatipes. My sister wonders if maybe it could be an A.seemani male. What do you think?

Attachments

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm, with some imagination it looks like Lasiodorides Striatus. Perhaps not as bulky though..and if those light stripes are very whiet, then.. :/
http://www.bird-eating-spiders.de/striatipes.jpg
That Lasiodora striatipes does not look much like yours though,' course, that is just one picture .

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think a Seemani

The stripes look exactly the same as my A. Seemani

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fast and skittish as a gale of wind?

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Given the origin: petstore, and appearance, my opinion is that it's a black phase A. seemanni.
The only way I would even consider anything other than A. seemanni a possibility is if that petstore regularly carries more exotic Ts, because if they don't, I'd say it's more likely that thing is a rose hair than a Lasiodora species of any kind.

Last edited:

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
I'd say definitely seemanni. Here's a striatipes:

Joy

Last edited:

Joy

Old Timer
And here's a seemanni:

Joy

Last edited:

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all,
I am petitegreeneyes sister and she meant to ask about a striatus, not a striatipes. But, I guess so far I win. We also had one that we thought might have been the striatus, but thanks to Code Monkey he explained to me the pet store reasoning. So thanks for all the answers and Joy thanks for the pics. Pam:)

Jono_mad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'd say that looks more like a striatus than a seemanni as it doesn't have the white around the carapace. it also looks quite bulky like a striatus

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I looked at a bunch of pictures im almost sure its a seemani.

Mark

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
there is a darker tan phase of A. Seemani that originates from Nicaragua, the whiter phase originates from Costa Rica. the stripes and carapace don't have to be white.

Joy

Old Timer
Originally posted by pamandron
Hi all,
I am petitegreeneyes sister and she meant to ask about a striatus, not a striatipes. But, I guess so far I win. We also had one that we thought might have been the striatus, but thanks to Code Monkey he explained to me the pet store reasoning. So thanks for all the answers and Joy thanks for the pics. Pam:)
Those two names are easily confused, aren't they? Here's a picture of a striatus, just to further muddy the waters!

Joy

Last edited:

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Joy, that is a gorgeous Brazilian Giant Brown. Thanks for the pictures and I believe Rikko is a Seemani too. At least now my sister and me can hope that one of us has the male and one the female and we will breed them so that works out pretty good.