L. reclusa invasion!

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hey there.
My house is INFESTED with L. reclusa! i need help. i would like to know as much as i can about these, so that i can know my enemy. I am a scorp man, and so i know very little about spiders.

kenniey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Praying Mantids: 6 Egg Cases 20 bucks ! from a website ! not me.

The Praying Mantid is an adored beneficial insect and a general predator of most pest insects including mites, insect eggs, aphids and most insects in reach.
Each Praying Mantid Egg Case contains approximately 200 baby .
A link here
http://www.growinglifestyle.com/article/s0/a444432.html
I would buy them and turn them lose in and around your house! I rather have mantids roaming around then the recluces ! For sure .

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First, I wouldn't worry too much.
In one study that I read, researchers examined a house in Nebraska where they recovered 2,000-3,000 L.reclusa. Funny thing, with all of those spiders cohabitating, not one bite was reported.
Shy creatures with absolutely no interest in seeking out human victims. Of the bites that do occur, most are the result of people inadvertently brushing up against them, (while crawling into bed, putting on clothes, or putting on shoes in which the spider resides, etc.).
If you are up for collecting, I would gladly send you postage to send a few out my way. Email me: arachnimania@yahoo.com
L.reclusa's range doesn't extend to my area so I would love to add a few to my collection.
Best of luck and again, don't worry about it.