L. reclusa eggs? Forevermore?

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I was wondering about this species being able to lay multiple sacs after one breeding. I have many Latros at the moment and I know that mactans at least, produce eggs for the rest of their lives with one single breeding. Is this a possibility with reclusa? I ask because I saved one from a co-worker who almost put his hand right on top of her and her eggs. I was able to save her but not her eggs. Since I know she has been bred, I am wondering if she might produce more babies even though she is now isolated from any contact with males. Anyone have any information on these beauties?

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was wondering about this species being able to lay multiple sacs after one breeding. I have many Latros at the moment and I know that mactans at least, produce eggs for the rest of their lives with one single breeding. Is this a possibility with reclusa? I ask because I saved one from a co-worker who almost put his hand right on top of her and her eggs. I was able to save her but not her eggs. Since I know she has been bred, I am wondering if she might produce more babies even though she is now isolated from any contact with males. Anyone have any information on these beauties?
They will make multiple eggsacs. I think alot depends on how many she produced before being captured. As is the case with Latrodectus, I can only assume that the more eggsacs that are produced, the fewer the babies in later eggsacs.

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea my L. hesperus layed mutiple sacks so did my false widows haha!!

I only wish that T's would get with the program. Can you imagine....multiple eggsacs of P.metallica or other goodies!

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How sweet would that be! I have no way of knowing how many sacs she laid before I got her, but I know all the widows I have pproduce many many many sacs. I have 5 right now and they come so regularly that I don't even try to hatch them out anymore. I just drop them in a jug with the rest of the sacs. Thankfully most of my mactans are juvies so they haven't had the opportunity to breed yet. I would be overrun if they had! Thanks for the answers, I suppose I should keep an eye out for any new webbing that this one is doing ust in case. I'm not sure I want that many babies.