L. quinquestriatus communal?

Holdenon5

Arachnopeon
Has anyone have success keeping L. quinquestriatus in communal setups? If so what’s the best way to be successful with it? Looking to possibly keep 3-6 adults together!

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
I don't think they are communal, I'm sure they're solitary and only seek one another out to breed. Plus they don't really burrow and wander a lot. Keeping them communal might not be a very good idea. I've not kept them though so perhaps someone who has may give more experienced advice!

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Has anyone have success keeping L. quinquestriatus in communal setups? If so what’s the best way to be successful with it? Looking to possibly keep 3-6 adults together!
I may be wrong but I think @ignithium has some communal at the moment and if so, he can give you first hand experience

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
They (Leiurus) do well communally set up, providing the foot print of the enclosure is large and hiding places provided are plenty....if too small, then only 1 adult male with multiple females.

ignithium

Arachnoknight
never had issue keeping this sp communally, seems even less likely to cannibalise than Tityus species. I kept together with pretty noticeable size differecne eg (i3 with i6) and no problems. sometimes hide together sometimes one per hide.