L.quin enclosure

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What would be the ideal enclosure dimension for an adult L.quin?

What would be the ideal enclosure dimension for an adult pair L.quin (community)?

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they like the enviroment VERY dry. They are also very happy burrowers and very happy eaters. So comunally keep them WELL fed. Use very loose sand, not that walnut crap, mist it then let it dry to get a very strong surface. They'll start digging imidiatly. Also make sure you have enough hides and surfaces. I use clay pots they like to climb them as well as use them for hides.

Aillith

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm wondering, if you have to ask a question like that and not be able to research it yourself, then should you really be playing with L.quin?

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Aillith,

I don't see anything wrong with asking questions like this. This is the main purpose of this forum. I also don't think he has any intentions of playing with them.

If you don't have the answers, then just read on. There is really no need to be judgemental. Just my opinion.:cool:

If you search the internet for caresheets, you are most likely to find the ff:

http://venomlist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6

http://www.visualadvance.com/invertcare/caresheets/scorpions/Leiurus/Leiurusquinquestriatus.html

http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/L-quinquestriatus.html

It does not specifically give the dimensions. Ex. a 2.5 gal tank may be configured in different LxWxH combinations where there are differences in floor area.

His query was pertaining to the enclosure dimension. He was not asking for the caresheet.

tikbalang,

I'm not an expert, but I hope this will help.

The dimension varies according to your style of keeping your scorps. If you go for the basics, a medium (L20xW10cm floor area) critter keeper will do for a single specimen. If you intend to keep 2-3 specimens, a floor area of 30x30cm will be adequate. Enclosure height may vary depending on the amount of substrate and cage furnishings that you will place in the enclosure. Rule of thumb, the scorp should not be able to reach the top of the enclosure. They can use their metasoma to "tip-toe". You don't want your scorp to escape.

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have research facts about L.quin. am just curious what actual keepers here use (dimension wise WxLxH) enclosure. if it would be ideal square 12"x12"x8", or something long 8"x12"x8". am just planning out a customized enclosure for them, not just those KK.

regards.

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I keep mine in a large KK. It seems to be an acceptable size for them as they spend a lot of time in the middle area and don't run around the enclosure like it's too small of an area.

Acal57

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
One good Idea I saw was to use black aquarium sand, makes the little darlings easier to see, I think it was Brian who showed me...

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I use a natural brown sand. Still a desert color but also makes them easier to see. I have my biggest one 5 gallon tank it seems good. He actually made his first burrow today. The tiny one is in a round kk

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I keep 6 adult L.q hebraeus in a 25 gal tank with 4 females and 2 males.
They have been living communaly for about 2 months but before this ones i had 5 subadults-adults that lived for ore than 6 months without any probles and this guys are doing great too.
They like t digg under flat rocks and usually group 2-3 in the same spot.
I keep them in pure dry sand...and once a month i put a water dish and all of them drink. Jut make sure o have 2-3 inches of sand lay a fat rock and they will do the digging ;).
Feed them constantly cus when they are hungry they get on a really bad mood and they might attack the other L.q
By the way 2 of my females should be poping soon !! {D
Hope it helps.
-.Raul

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
now that i have decided to just house a single spp. per enclosure. what would be ideal for LxW assuming H is dependent on the the spp. and substrate.

regards.