L.parahybana

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok I have a 2 inch L.parahybana sling and I told my brother that it wasa going to be relly big .but he did not belive me so I was wondering if you could help me prove that he is not right .I keep showing him pictures but he says nothing to compare it to so he says that its not that bis so. if you have a big adult female could you take a picture with penny or something.

Thanks Arachnokid 93

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just have him look on the net, theres a lot of photos of this species a well as proof that they are what they are. I have a youngin too, ( a freebie from Swift ) don't know the sex yet, but "Larry" is a real monster at 1.5 inches, and a garbage can to boot, lol.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't worry about it, just don't say anymore to him and let your T prove him wrong. Paras increase in size quite a lot with each moult, mine doubled size last time, he will eventually get the picture. It won't take long. Paras grow very quickly.

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good idea, Mina. When I received "Larry" I thought....Hmmmm how can I touch this lil transparent critter without hurting it? lol Then he/she molted, and presto, I thought, feed it another cricket!

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
i have a couple small slings of L.P. they are about 1/2 inch. how long do you think till they get to be about 2 or 3 inches??

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i got mine in july and its two inches now so not to long these guys are fast growers. :D

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm new to this, but judging from how mine has grown, I would say somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 year. Larry was .75 inch in Oct 06, and molted Dec 23rd, now he/she is approx. 1.50 - 1.75.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
i have a couple small slings of L.P. they are about 1/2 inch. how long do you think till they get to be about 2 or 3 inches??
I think 4-5 months would surely do. Never had slings though, only juvies. It also depends on temp and feeding.

wonderfvl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got my L. para back in July of 2005 as a .5" sling. He's now just exceeded 4.5-5". And he's still not mature.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they do get very big the one i had was i psycho :eek: it jump on any thing like crickets - locust - big mealworms - it was very quick and very nasty :evil: so it was a lot fun lol to keep allways keep you eyes on it and your hands away :eek: good luck and go for it :cool:

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That is IMPRESSIVE!

Can't wait to get these and other large NWs, Pamphos, Megaphobemas, other Lasiodoras, Phormictopus, Acanthoscurrias, etc.

The diversity available in the hobby today is simply awesome.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
tried searching the "Lasiodora picture thread" in the "Tarantula Pictures" forum? ;) there's some good pics of large L.p's in there with objects/hands to compare sizes

Mine went from 1" to 6" in just under a year...so tell your brother to be quiet and just wait :D

here ya go:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=38300

plenty of pics in there